Hobbies besides woodworking.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSchnarre
    started a topic Hobbies besides woodworking.....

Hobbies besides woodworking.....

I'm just curious what other hobbies some of you have besides woodworking. I'll start off:

I like to race R/C cars and I have a 1979 Mustang Cobra thats going through a complete teardown.

Jake

• DaveM
    replied
    Golf. I'll spend as much on golf clubs as I will on woodworking tools... or maybe that's vice versa... we won't get into whether I am any good at either!

Leave a comment:

• Andy B.
    replied
    Mine are computers,internet, WWF,. One of my favorite web sites is web site

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: Andy B. ]

Leave a comment:

• Bubba Blue
    replied
    Hobbies... oh boy, fasten the seat belts

In some order of priority..
    - Off Road 4x4 / Rock Crawling: Secretary and Webmaster of a Mitsubishi 4WD Club.
    - Snow Skiing / Snowboarding
    - Mountain Biking (GT XCR-1000, GT Team RTS, & Giant ATX-760)
    - Inline Skating
    - Computers (currently have 3 systems networked via Linksys Wireless LAN @ home); web page design; RC Cars (Off Pavement 4x4's); Drawing (Pencil sketching); Graphic Arts
    - Hiking/Treking; Camping

Better stop there. Don't want to scare Y'all

Leave a comment:

• Tim Pavuk
    replied
    I guess I'm what you would call a trout bum...huge into fly fishing, tie my own flies and what not. Also a digital graphics/design and photography artist when I get a chance (I guess that makes me a closet computer geek). Jake, do you guys hire freelancers? Also into, hiking, camping, road and mountain biking, archery, kayaking, golf and, oh, did I mention WOODWORKING!

Leave a comment:

• tplank
    replied
    Nothing can compare to the peace and serenity of sitting on Lake Michigan drowning bait.

Leave a comment:

• NM Scorpion
    replied
    Well there's hockey, our Akitas, hockey, computer games (historical war recreations, especially WW II.), hockey, bow hunting (although I haven't been for a couple years), hockey, Japanese language and writing (just a beginer), hockey, Iaido (beginer here too), oh...and then there's hockey.

Pete
    GO SCORPS!

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Rebhorn
    replied
    I like to build model boats and race them. I thought that was expensive. I also do black and white photography.

Leave a comment:

• zipk
    replied
    Better late than never....took my first Looong vacation and am now spending all of my time playing catch up.

Anyway, besides woodworking I raise orchids and teach counseling psychology at a nearby college (I enjoy it to much to do as a vocation).

Leave a comment:

• baupaw
    replied
    Okay!
    How about 9 kids, 10 grandkids, huntin', fishin',Ridin' my ATV or Touring bike, buildin' PC's, grillin' or smokin' on the pit, and restoring the occasional car or truck. Current projects are 52 willys Wagon-4-wheel drive with 8,000 lb winch and a 53 Belaire.
    Sure could use some time in the shop!

Leave a comment:

• RRitch
    replied
    Jake,

Associacted RC-10L, Tamiya F1 and 1965 ford mustang coupe. Small World

-Rob

Leave a comment:

• ssg57
    replied
    I have been in the Model T Ford hobby for over 26 years and I do all of the work my self. I currently have a 1911 Touring Car and a 1915 Fire truck and recently sold my 1923 Touring. All of these cars have been in 4 different made for TV movies.

FYI: The Ford Model T bodies are wood framed with sheet metal attached. Also the top bows for the Roadsters and Touring cars are of steam bent wood. The wheel spokes are hickory or oak, the the floorboards are wood.

I just recently gotten back to the woodworking hobby, which is something I've been wanting to do since my high school days. But come to think about it, I could say with the Model T's I have been in the woodworking hobby and did not realize it.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• RGad
    replied
    In the summer time (or what passes for summer in New England), my wife and I sail around in a 40' sloop. On "Winter Schedule," I spend some time (far less than I used to) engaged in competitive pistol shooting and pistol instruction. My other "hobby" is sitting out a New England blizzard, on a glassed-in porch, with a cup of hot tea, reading a book and absolutely nothing that I "have to" do (at least until the power goes out and someone has to go out and start the generator).

Leave a comment:

• Brad Hatchett
    replied
    Jake,

I guess we can talk shop about R/C cars sometime. I race (or have just started) racing R/C cars. I also fly R/C planes on occassion. Like to play guitar and tinker with computers as well. Too many hobbies...not enought time...or MONEY!!!

brad

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    Well... I'm not a woodworker to start of but I'll sound off anyways. I am into all types of sports, especially basketball, football, softball, and lifting. I love fishing for Walleye and Perch on Lake Erie. And I enjoy shooting my guns at the range.

Josh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X