X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TP1300 vs TP1300LS - cost?

What is the difference betwen the TP1300 and the TP1300LS planer? We have the TP1300 and only used it for one small project. Trying to figure a price to sell the planer. Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Ridgid TP1300 vs TP1300LS - cost?

Originally posted by Locktight View Post
    What is the difference betwen the TP1300 and the TP1300LS planer? We have the TP1300 and only used it for one small project. Trying to figure a price to sell the planer. Any input would be appreciated.
    I think the only difference is the stand that comes with the TP1300LS.
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TP1300LS-Thickness-Planer/
    Last edited by Hawk; 02-01-2010, 11:30 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Re: Ridgid TP1300 vs TP1300LS - cost?

The "LS" stands for "Leg Set" and that is the only difference that I am aware of.

I bought the 1300LS when it became the last of it's kind in my local HD. I had no idea whatsoever as to what the 4330 had to offer, as it hadn't shown up on the website yet; and, I was concerned that new 4330 may go the way of the Ryobi 1301 which replace the much better Ryobi 1300.

The Ridgid 4330 does have some improvements over the 1300LS, with it's 3-blade cutter head and improved dust chute. While not the only changes, they are considered good improvements. However it does not have the cutter hear locking mechanism that the TP1300LS has.

Also, I TP1300LS was a top-rated planer with a very good reputation. So while that takes no "shine" off the R4330, I am of the opinion that the TP1300 should still be a sought after machine.

Of course it depends on how many woodworkers you have in your area too, but I would think at least $200 would be my minimum and perhaps even as much as $250. But, you also have to remember that there's a few great deals out there with the DeWalt closeout and perhaps others. So again, there's may be a difference between "value" and what "price" you can get on the local market.

CWS

Comment

Working...
      X