X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Lathe 1200

I have the opportunity to purchase the Ridgid 1200 lathe. The guy says it is new and has "never been chucked up." He is asking $200. What did these sell for new? Are they still for sale somewhere? I have never seen one in Home Depot. Any advice and information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Ridgid Lathe 1200

When our local Home Depot (in the Corning, NY area) opened in 2003, it had the Ridgid lathe it wore the new Ridgid "orange" paint scheme. However, by the time Home Depot put out it's first tool catalog (which they have since dropped) in May of 2004, the lathe was not listed and therefore I presume had gone away, although I'm sure they were still in the store for awhile (along with the Ridgid RAS, which also disappeared about the same time).

I am guessing it was in the $400 range, but I'm really not sure. I do recall that it didn't have a particularly popular calling, but I'm not exactly sure why that was.

Sorry that this isn't more helpful,

CWS

Comment

The WL2000 is bascially an old Craftsman unit. It was sold at Depot for about $297.00 when new. This should include a stand

Comment

i passed on the same thing for $75 this summer. if i remember correctly, it doesn't turn slow enough to do good roughing when turning square stock. that was the reason i passed on it, and it didn't seem to be adaptable to a lathe duplicator.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I bought one at HD in 2001, still using it without a problem. $200 would not be a bad price if it is unused and has the stand with it also. Same as the old Craftsman single tube lathe, which Emerson made.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
          X