X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 table top removal/setup

New to this group and just trying to set up an R4511 saw that I purchased a while ago. I see that several people have removed the granite top to make one-person setup of the saw possible. But it seems that there is some suggestion it may create some problems for alignment. Am I reading this correctly? I am working on this alone, and would like to get it up and running in the next couple of days, but I don't think I can get any friends out to the house till next week. Is there any real problem in taking the top off, as long as I am careful to keep any shims in place? It looks like I am going to have to loosen the bolts anyway to get the table aligned (it is slightly off square to the blade), so what additional difficulty would it create? Or would it be better in the long run to wait till I can get some friends over to muscle it around?
    Thanks-
    Rob

Re: R4511 table top removal/setup

You'll need to check alignment of the table regardless of if you remove it or not.

The only thing you need to watch for when removing it is the shims that are under it. You can pull the 4 table bolts and lift the table straight up and note where the shims are.

Part of the "advanced" alignment procedures is checking the shim amount anyway, so its not the end of the world if you move where they came from, it will just add a little more time to setup.

I removed the table top myself, just noting where the shims were. Once all assembled in my basement I did the alignment procedures, and the stock shim amount wasnt correct anyway (it was close though)

Comment

Re: R4511 table top removal/setup

Thanks; took the top off and have it all together, now, except for the blade guard.

Comment

Working...
      X