X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met the Ridgid rep today saw new cordless stuff

Well I finally met the mythical Ridgid rep today.
    Nice guy, been working for Ryobi for almost 7 yrs.
    His name is Scott. Hey guys I saw the new cordless line and don't worry about the color. its not bright orange like in the pictures here on the site. It's kind of like a caramel color with a little orange tint. Actually it is a nice looking color. and I handled the 14.4 1/2 inch chuck hammer drill. I gotta tell you it is sweet.
    After he threw it at least 10 ft in the air and it hit the concrete floor and the battery came out, he let me test it. The thing performed as well as my 18v dewalt. But the 14.4 is heavier than my dewalt. HOWEVER -- if there any of you who would doubt its power, or it's quality, dont take my word for it go test it yourself. We discussed how all of the existing gray machines will carry a lifetime warranty, and the new colored ones (ryobi or TTI if you will)will have a 3 yr warranty. The good news is if you buy any of the new stuff before Jan 1,2004 you will get the lifetime warranty on the new stuff too. Even the batteries have a lifetime replacement. look out Dewalt and the other big ones. I walked away after seeing the cordless stuff and double compound miter sad rethinking my tool inventory.

Now there are some big purchases from dewalt that i have made but I have a feeling that there is going to be a lot more caraamel and black tools in my shop

happy woodworking guys

[ 09-07-2003, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: hammerman ]

thats cool. glad to see the quality is there. hopefully ridgid will keep up the good work and keep its loyal customers. only time will tell
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
    X