X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 table saw outfeed table plans?

Hi everybody!! I am trying to get my new tablesaw up and running and was wondering if anybody has built a outfeed table, and or a fence liner for it and could let me know how it was done. I'm looking for a outfeedtable that folds down, and a fence liner that accepts accessories. Thanks much

Re: R4511 table saw outfeed table plans?

I'm working on a two piece outfeed table. The first portion is about 14" x 44" and folds down and out of the way. The second piece will be 36" x 44" and will attach to the fixed outfeed table. I figure 50" of outfeed table should be ample.

I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Comment

thats great! I guess my main question is going to be how the stationary part will attach to the saw table. I just cant picture that. I'll look forward
      to seeing how you do it.

Comment

I anchored a piece of angle iron to the cabinet. Drilled a few holes through the cabinet and bolted the angle iron to it. Outfeed table hinges off this angle iron.

The trick is getting the table top the correct height in relation to the saw top. I'm shooting for a difference in the 1/32" - 1/16".

Comment

so is that 1/16 to 1/32 measurement going to be away from the back of the table, and if so, how do you do that and get the fence to work? Or is it a measurement relating to the height level of the table?

Comment

The outfeed table will be slightly lower than the top of the table saw. The idea is that as m pushing stock over the top it doesn't jam up against the outfeed table. There is about a 1 3/4" gap between the back edge of the top and the front edge of the outfeed table.

Comment

ok that makes sense. I was just looking at sprockateers pictures. thats some set up! I know mine won't be quite so professional. I guess the reason that he's got his outfeed table almost touching the saw table is because of the different fence.I didn't catch that before. I went downtown yesterday and picked up a chunk of three quarter inch phenolic plywood to use for my outfeed. but now i've got to go and get some angle iron. do you think that aluminum is ok for this application? or should I get steel? getting the stuff for this project is easy. it's getting the time to do it thats so hard!!

Comment

I think aluminum would suffice.

Comment

I lucked out in that my old craftsman TS was on a mobile base and it sat just a little lower than my R4511. Put a 1/4 in sheet of paneling on its top held down by a thin bead of caulk and now its about a 1/16 lower than the R4511 top, so that the back of the fence rides over it no problem and wood does not catch as it exits the saw.

Comment

that sounds pretty slick! if only all our projects could work out like that. thanks

Comment

this message is for mr spiffpeters. I don't know how to send private messages, so I used this means. Just wanted to thank you for giving me the info to get started on this little project. its just what i needed to jump start me. Still I would like to see pics of your project when your done. Also, read your writings on dust control on that thread. Very informative. I believe I'm going to pick up one of those meters you were recommending to keep track of the air quality. Thanksagain for all your help. kipster

Comment

Kipster - I have finalized my design on the stationary/folding outfeed section of outfeed table.

I'll post pictures later this weekend. But here it is in a nut shell:

1. Angle iron mounted right below the back fence rail.
                        2. 14" x 44 1/8" outfeed table hinged to angle iron.
                        3. Two 12" folding brackets from Rockler (#65798)

This configuration will allow me to store the saw against a wall when not in use.

I will be making an additional outfeed table that will attach to the folding section for instances where I need more outfeed support capacity. It will be designed to sit on top of the table saw when not in use as a assembly/work area. If I don't need this table during TS operations I can easily stand it on edge out of the way.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the concept. We'll see out it works out in the real world.

Comment

Well, I ran into complications, so no pictures. I ended up having to build a new stationary outfeed table as the current one wasn't quite deep enough. The folding bracket was just s smidge too long, so I needed to make a slightly deeper table.

Of course the gods were working against me virtually every step of the way, but I think I'm in the home stretch at this point.

Version II of this table has some minor improvements plus it lacks the mistakes I made on the prototype.

The original table remained in place while I cut up new parts, and what a difference just having a little outfeed table makes.

Comment

The pictures show some of the detail.

Basically, I ripped two lengths of plywood, 1 3/4" wide. Then I ripped two lengths of plywood about 1 1/32" wide. The wide and narrow stripes were glued to each other, creating a channel the top rests in. Not only does this channel accommodate the top, but it provides added support and a nice stable substrate for the formica.

I notched out to sections on the bottom side of the support so the hinges don't prevent the support from resting on the angle iron bracket.

Hope this helps.
                            Attached Files

Comment

spiffpeters, thats sure gonna be a nice addition to your saw!! sorry to here about the first plans not working out. sounds like it added some extra sweat to your project. all in all, having that table is like having a helper on hand when you need em. and one that doesnt talk back!! like my 17yr. old son!! thanks for the pics kipster

Comment

Working...
                              X