X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clamps on ebay

I went on ebay and searched "clamps" This one place is offering various size clamps new 8 to a case if I remember right. I think they are swedish made. Could someone take a look at them and give me an opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Semper Fi <BR>Chuck<BR>USMC 66-70

Searching for "clamps" on eBay gets 681 auctions... any chance you could specify the auction number?

Dave

Comment

The onlty thing I could find is an Item #1281636212. This seller has quite a few of these clamps in various sizes selling in lots of 8.. I hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Semper Fi <BR>Chuck<BR>USMC 66-70

Comment

The item number is what I was referring to as the auction number.

That picture is dark enough that I can't tell too much from my crummy work monitor. Anything there indicate who the manufacturer of these clamps are?

I would ask that, what the shipping weight, and what the shipper's location is. Clamps are heavy as the dickens, the shipping might run kind of high.

I've never found a need for bar clamps like that. I either use less-expensive pipe clamps, or more expensive square-jaw clamps (Bessey K-body and the like).

Dave

Comment

Hey Chuck. I don't know if you ended up getting these are not (it was closed when I looked). If you weren't able to get them, I would highly recommend you look at harborfreight.com for pipe clamps. They're about $5 a set (pipe not included, $3-5 at HD), compared to $15 and up at other places, and they work great. I ordered 6 clamps just to check the quality and they are equal to other clamps I've seen so I plan on ordering more.

If you haven't ordered from harborfreight before, please be aware that orders take about 6 weeks to receive so it's definitly a "not in a hurry" solution.

Comment

Hello guys just to let you know. I went to harbor freight here in Dallas and found 3/4 pipe clamps for $3.49 a set. They are pony clones "cast iron". The ponys where right next to these and other than the color there was no difference. I bought 12 sets for $44 dollars. Tried them out when I got home and they work great. There tools are crap but they have great deals on clamps and other odds and ends. The sale ends 10/29/01.
            Reggie

Comment

Harbor Freight has some great deals, but you've got to be able to judge what you're buying. I just bought their 1-ton arbor press and am delighted with it. Other items may be so inexpensively priced that they do not contain the precision you need. They can surprise you, though. A 24" vernier matched up well with a similar tool manufactured by Starrett. Go figure. On the other hand, when you buy Starrett, you pretty much know it's right aside from pilot errors

Best Regards,
              Dave

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Dave Doerschuk ]

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Dave Doerschuk ]

Comment

Working...
              X