X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router table for my R4511

I finally finished my router table. Thanks to the many posts I found on this forum.
    It took a lot of custom work but it did not cost me $.01. Everything I used I had around the shop, including a large piece of 1/2" phenolic left over from a job.
    The top is 1/2 phenolic and it removes just like a router plate only a lot bigger. the 2nd layer is 3/4 " MDF and I used 1/2" plywood on the extension rails to raise it to the table height.
    I used 1/8 hardboard for the insert rings, they fit nice and snug.
    I bolted a piece of aluminum c channel to the front fence and a piece of angle iron(too short) to the back fence. I think it would be much more rigid if I replaced the rear rail entirely.
    Now I just have to make a router fence to mount on my saw fence.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tbarn; 02-11-2010, 12:47 PM.

Re: Router table for my R4511

Very nice.
    Bert

Comment

Nice set-up but isn't that a yellow router under there? Just Kidding, it looks fantastic. Might try something like this myself. Orange of course. J/K again, the Dewalts a fantastic set-up.

Comment

I built my router fence this weekend. I used the wood mag design and modded it to fit my liking.
        The 2" high bottom fence is adjustable on both sides. the top fence is fixed and also 2" high.
        The frame is 3/4" plywood and the faces are made of 1/2" phenolic. (opposite of wood's design)
        Attached Files

Comment

nice idea

Comment

Working...
          X