X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshlun 6" or 8" dado blade for a r4511??? Help

I was about to pull the trigger on the Rockler sale on the 8" Oshlun dado blade kit for $60.00 but remembered someone saying some saws do not have the power for an 8". The table saw in question is the Ridgid R4511 granite table saw. It supposed to have a 1&1/2 horsepower motor. Would I be better off with the 6" instead? I just hate to buy the 6" when the 8" is cheaper, but ultimately wan't the one that will perform better. I only plan to use it for building shelves, built-ins, cabinets etc and don't think I would ever need a cut that was deeper than 3/4". Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated

Re: Oshlun 6" or 8" dado blade for a r4511??? Help

I'd go with the 8". Your saw will spin it with no trouble, it's got more teeth, and more depth of cut.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      I posted this over at lumberjocks also and several people who have the same saw use 8" dado blades with no problems.

Comment

I have both an 8" and a 6" dado set. Although I use the 6" set most of the time my Ridgid contractor saw(same motor as the 4511) has never had any trouble spinning the 8" set.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Go with the 8" and you will have no problem.

Red
          Red

Comment

Working...
          X