Oshlun 6" or 8" dado blade for a r4511??? Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshlun 6" or 8" dado blade for a r4511??? Help

I was about to pull the trigger on the Rockler sale on the 8" Oshlun dado blade kit for $60.00 but remembered someone saying some saws do not have the power for an 8". The table saw in question is the Ridgid R4511 granite table saw. It supposed to have a 1&1/2 horsepower motor. Would I be better off with the 6" instead? I just hate to buy the 6" when the 8" is cheaper, but ultimately wan't the one that will perform better. I only plan to use it for building shelves, built-ins, cabinets etc and don't think I would ever need a cut that was deeper than 3/4". Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated

Re: Oshlun 6" or 8" dado blade for a r4511??? Help

I'd go with the 8". Your saw will spin it with no trouble, it's got more teeth, and more depth of cut.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      I posted this over at lumberjocks also and several people who have the same saw use 8" dado blades with no problems.

Comment

I have both an 8" and a 6" dado set. Although I use the 6" set most of the time my Ridgid contractor saw(same motor as the 4511) has never had any trouble spinning the 8" set.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Go with the 8" and you will have no problem.

Red
          Red

Comment

Working...
          X