X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust collector for Rigid SCMS

I have the new SCMS on the portable stand and has anyone come up with a successful way to install a good dust collector on it. The little vac hook up leaves a lot to be desired for dust collection. Pics would be nice if you have them. Thanks.

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but a few months ago I copied two plans (free) from a web site www.woodonline.com . The plans were from an issue of Wood magazine. The issue was from 2002 and titled "101 Workshop Projects." The article was titled "2 easy upgrades to help you conquer dust," pages 118-123. One plan is for the miter saw and the other for a contractor's table saw. In fact, the Ridgid 2424 was used as the model for the table saw. I have read references to the table saw plan on this website before.
    The miter saw plan is too involved for me to explain in a reasonable way simply in words, but it involves constucting a box that pivots on two pieces of 3/4" conduit pipe placed behind the saw. A hole is cut into the box where a shop vac or dust collector can be attached. It's a little involved, but seems like it might work. Got to better than the little dust bag on mine. By the way, I went back to the above website, but could not find the plan. You might be able too, there's a lot of stuff there.

Comment

Thanks for your help, I was able to ask the question on there forum and hopefully someone one will steer me in the right direction.

Comment

I think this is the plan he is refering to
        http://woodstore.woodmall.com/fourduscol.html

Comment

wbrooks is right. That is the plan.

Comment

But I didn't have to pay for mine.

Comment

If you still have it perhaps you could email it to him, if you got it for free that should not violate any copy laws

Comment

I checked the site but you can't even get an idea of what it looks like before you buy it. GLH, do you have a picture of it that you can send me? Maybe it would be just what I was looking for or give me an idea to start from.

Comment

Top left image

Comment

Working...
                  X