X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Registration?

I don't need to register my products with Ridgid to be covered by the Lifetime Warranty, right?

I saw nothing in the warranty that stated that, and have been under the impression that product registrations are used to help the marketing departments of companies, and the original sales receipt is all that's needed for most warranties.

Hi Yogi!

I would defer the need to submit the registration from to someone knowledgeble in that matter. However, the registration form serves an important tool by which a company can contact you directly if there is a safety recall on a particular tool that you purchased from them. Thats why I fill them out or do so on-line ie: Ridgid has such a feature on this site(so does Porter-Cable on their site).

You cant go wrong doing it...especially where a product recall may be involved. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Chris
    Chris Berg

Comment

Yogi---I'd agree with Bergybits----if you can do it on-line, go for it----just don't give any demographics info you're not comfortable with.

While I've always tried to fill out cards, don't know if it every made a bit of difference----never got notified of new accessories for the product, and never received a re-call notice---not saying it couldn't happen, but I think you're more likely to hear about recalls on the news.

But, to part of your question, I think in most states, mfgs have to honor simply your sales receipt.
      Dave

Comment

When do the warranty cards Have to be turn in? For the Life Time warranty? thanks
        Andy B.

Comment

Dont think you have to turn in the cards it is more a user survey for ridgid. I did mine on-line at http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Product-...tion/index.htm
          They send you a free calander

Comment

OH, so unfair !!!
            I registered 10 machines in 2002, and never received ONE calendar!

I'd rather have a Ridgid T-Shirt to ware in the shop every day of the week so when taking photo's for the site....

Bob...??? What say yee???
            John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

My name is James Miyamoto. I just bought today a Ridgid Drain Cleaning MAchine Model K-380 with serial number VBB051920106 that I wanted to register online. Please tell me how to register this product online.

Thank you.

James

Comment

You MUST register your tool if you want the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement"! Here is a link to the terms of that agreement:

http://www.ridgid.com/Manuals/RidgidLSA.pdf

and here is a link to the "registration" main page:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Product-Registration/

I'm not sure, but it would appear that the "registration card" that comes with the tool, is more of a "survey" than anything. I would hope that there is some way that filling that out will also register you online, but at the moment, I don't see that's apparent.

You have 90-days to register your tool. Registration can be done online, by creating your personal "E-box"; but you still need to send in a copy of your original receipt and the UPC from the box. In some cases, the registration is accepted, if the UPC is lost or thrown out (but I would check with Ridgid Customer Support on your specific reasons).

After you have registered in your "E-Box" a registration number is assigned to the tool. When I send in my receipt and UPC, I provide, my name, address, and refer to that particular registration number to ensure that everything is covered. So far, I have had no problems and have received E-mail confirmation on all of my tools. The latter usually takes about a 5 or 6 weeks.

I've gone through this several times, and haven't lost anything yet, so I hope this is helpful,

CWS

Comment

Once you have filled out the stuff on line you still need to send in the card and the UPC to verify you are the owner of the tools. In about 12-14 weeks or less you should get your LSA card in the mail. Sometimes it is true good things come to those who wait.

As for the calender i didn't get one either.....
                  "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
                  "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224
                    Once you have filled out the stuff on line you still need to send in the card and the UPC to verify you are the owner of the tools. In about 12-14 weeks or less you should get your LSA card in the mail. Sometimes it is true good things come to those who wait.

As for the calender i didn't get one either.....

Neither did I no Women calender

They said that you have to mail in orginial sales slip for all tools make a copy for youself {as my rebate from Lowes for the free vac grip handle for the PC router got lost but I scanned the orginial in and glad I did another copy mailed off to them after talking with Customer relations why I have not recieved it in 12 weeks }then they will check against the registration on site then mail you the card.

This is what I was told last week.

Maybe I should ask for a Calender.

Wonder what the misses would say
                    Not responsible for speeling mistakes
                    Jeff

Comment

CWS is right. You have to register the tool and send in the original UPC, as well as a copy of the receipt, to activate the lifetime service agreement.

These tools come with a 3 year warranty. I'm pretty sure you don't have to register the tool to get that warranty, and I think that is why they have termed this something different (a service agreement vs. a warranty). There may even be laws requiring companies to honor warranties regardless of registration.

Some people will never register their tools, even though they know they need to to get the lifetime warranty. Plus, registration ties the service agreement to the original purchaser. They don't want to be in a situation like Sears with its Craftsman hand tools where they are guaranteeing these tools forever(though the Craftsman warranty is much more comprehensive).

I believe Ridgid used to offer a lifetime warranty on their power tools (years ago), and I have a feeling they learned a lesson with that.
                      So many saws, so few fingers...

Comment

Working...
                      X