X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New R4511 Install

Many thanks to the posters of this forum that have submitted their thoughts & advice towards the assembly of the R4511. If I only had the provided instructions, I think this would still be a bucket of bolts laying on my basement floor.

Here's a pic of my new pride & joy that cuts dead-nuts on and straight as a whistle. Quite different from my 1955 Shopsmith that's in need of a major tune-up. Was about ready to spend $300 to fix it up but was able to get this saw for $240 using a HF coupon.

The only downside is the lift system doesn't lift high enough to compensate for the slope of my basement floor in the spot where I need to put it. I'll fix that situation next but for the time being I'll just make dust the way it is.
    Attached Files

Re: New R4511 Install

congratulations on your new saw. it's a very good piece of machinery. regarding the lift issue you noted, are the bolts that attach the H-lift to the mounting points on the stand loose? if those bolts are too tight, the lift's vertical movement is restricted when the peddle lock is engaged. just a thought.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Mr. D, You will thoroughly enjoy this saw. It's a pleasure to use this saw. Once it's all dialed in, you just do what ever you need to do and it will perform more than adequately.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
        congratulations on your new saw. it's a very good piece of machinery. regarding the lift issue you noted, are the bolts that attach the H-lift to the mounting points on the stand loose? if those bolts are too tight, the lift's vertical movement is restricted when the peddle lock is engaged. just a thought.
        I experimented with those damn bolts & nylon nuts about a million times. Sticking thru, just barely sticking thru, even, not quite sticking thru and only about 1/2 engaged. Did that so many times I was worried about screwing up the threads in the nylon nut. Finally got what I needed to be able to drop the saw and move it around. My problem is the spot I want to put the saw so I can rip or crosscut a 4' x 8' sheet, has the steepest slope in both the X & Y axes. I think I'll just rip that spot up and pour a new level pad. Thanks for asking.

Comment

Working...
        X