X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 37-190 Planer

Anyone have any opinions on a Delta 37-190 6" jointer, 1999 vintage? Asking price is $175.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Re: Delta 37-190 Planer

I'm not familiar with that specific Delta model. Did find some reviews of the item over on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/DELTA-37-190-6.../dp/B00002238D

Comment

I believe that was the model that I originally purchased.
      Here is the manual for it
      Mine was not machined properly so the tables could never be aligned.
      Great machine for making curved wood out of straight pieces!
      Delta took it back and upgraded me to the 37-275 (I think - looks like an X5 but is the year/model before that designation came out) for a few dollars more.
      I would take a straight edge with me to verify that you can set the tables up - goes for any planer really

Comment

I bought that model second hand. Not knowing how it was previously treated I completely dissembled, cleaned, filed/flattened, lubed, and rebuilt. Since then (6months ago) no problems. Its a great machine. The only modification was a plastic gable vent installed upside down on frame and sealed to chute. 4" abs elbow "plastic welded" to outlet. Perfect for Dust collector. I paid 300.

Comment

That was the smaller of the Delta 6" stationary jointers (not a planer)....aka as the JT360. The 36-195 is their more substantial model with full enclosure, R&P fence adjust, and 1hp motor. $175 for an 11 YO model is reasonable but isn't a give away....if it's got a mobile base, is in great shape, and some extra knives would make it a better deal. They've sold as low as $200-$250 new when Lowes blew them out. They have an open stand, 3/4hp motor, and a somewhat flimsy fence support mechanism that works fine....poor DC is a common complaint. It's very similar to the open stand Jet and Steelex models.

Comment

Thanks. I passed on it.

Go
            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
            X