X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy a Ridgid Table Saw

Where is the best place to purchase a Ridgid Table Saw? I know that Home Depot sells Ridgid and have been waiting for them to put the Ridgid Table Saws on sale. Are there other sellers of Ridgid products? Also, I want the 2424 Table Saw -- is this a good choice?

Thanks

I would recommend you go back to your Home Depot store and take an old saw (I used an 8-year-old circular saw). When there, ask the manager to honor the HD's tablesaw special and they'll take your old saw and lower the price by $100. That puts the saw at just under $500 and is a REAL bargain for a good saw like the TS2424.

Zip
    Think Highly, Feel Deeply , Speak Plainly

Comment

RIDGID Woodworking Tools are sold exclusively at The Home Depot. Though Home Depot does not generally run sales, keep an eye out for special promotions that run on a regular basis. There are usually at least 1 or 2 table saw promotions run each year and although the $100 trade in offer is not available at this time, keep an eye out for different promotions.

Jake

Comment

I'm getting somewhat anxious - Sears had their "Customer Appreciation Day Sale" this weekend on their Craftsman Table Saw's and almost bought that. Don't want to pay full price for the Ridgid, which is what I really want, but can't wait forever. I sold my Ryobi 3000 and am currently singing the "table saw less" blues.

Comment

Oh well, getting tired of all this wait and the lack of interest by HD in selling Ridgid. Might as well just go ahead and bite the bullet and buy that Delta Contractors II saw.

Comment

Hello:

I am looking at buying a TS. On my list is the Ridgid 2424 and Ryobi BT3 as well as the Sears 24820 (with the Router attachments.

So my question why did you sell your BT3? Can you share your experiences with the BT3?

I want to buy a mother of all homeowner type TS now and maek it my last one at least for a long long time.

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwmoser:
            I'm getting somewhat anxious - Sears had their "Customer Appreciation Day Sale" this weekend on their Craftsman Table Saw's and almost bought that. Don't want to pay full price for the Ridgid, which is what I really want, but can't wait forever. I sold my Ryobi 3000 and am currently singing the "table saw less" blues.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

MyTechieGuy
              Can't even compare the BT3000 to the 2424. The 2424 is a contractor saw, cast iron wings, etc. The BT3000 is more like bench saw. I think the 2424 weighs in at 230 pounds, the BT3000 around 115. And the BT300 is NOISEY! 2424 is a quiet running machine. If you want the mother of all homeowners table saws the BT3000 isn't it! I'd get the 2424 again if I had to buy a saw. Dave

Comment

I found a good place to look for used tools is in the newsgroups. I recently found an ad for a guy that was selling his tools. He had a TS2424 table saw, osilating sander, PC693K router kit, 10" delta band saw and ton of other stuff. I would estimate the total replacement cost of the stuff i got was over $3000 CDN. I ended up getting it all for $1000 and the stuff was only 6 months old. I guess he really needed the money. Anyway, keep checking those newgroups and the deals will come.

Comment

There is a promotion going on now (at least I think it's still on) wher eyou buy the TS2424 and get a rebate for 3 free accesories. You get t Miter gauge clamp, a dust collection attachment and a 7" dado insert. Worth $70 according to the coupon on the side of the box.
                  --Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X