X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Doors

Need to stop double pocket doors in the center?

Re: Pocket Doors

Yes you need to stop double pockets in the center. Without it the doors will slide right off their tracks. Make your stop large enough to keep the doors from coming out of the pocket completely but small enough so the doors close together fully and centered.

Bill

Comment

Re: Pocket Doors

Another interesting thought. I saw an idea when visiting Jefferson's Montecello home, Where, by using two pulleys and rope, he allowed double pocket doors to open or close together, as if one was opened or closed the other would automatically open or close. I have simplified it and revised it to new materials. The design is very simple. Using 2 fixed plastic pulleys designed for boat steering and 1/8 plastic coated boat steering line, I mount the two pulleys beyond the track at the top with the flat part of the pulley horizontal. I use a turnbuckle to be able to maintain proper tension on the cable. The doors need both center and end stops since the pocket will be longer than the track. One door attaches to each side of the cable. Sketch it out, it works.

Comment

Working...
      X