X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dado Insert

If you use a 6" Dado Blades, can you use a 7" or 8" Dado Insert, or must you use a 6" Insert??
    Semper Fi <BR>Chuck<BR>USMC 66-70

Chuck

Any insert will work with the 6" dado.

Jake

Comment

And the follow-up: if you use an 8-inch dado can you use the 7-inch insert as long as you are careful not to raise it too high and to hand-spin it for clearance (which one should do anyhow)?

Comment

I had been thinking about getting a dado (DADO, DAAADO, daylight come and me want to saw wood) -- sorry. Anyway, the Home Depots here never had anything in but the 7" insert and one day I saw they had an 8". Impulse buy! I purchased the insert and a Freud 8" stacked dado set. I haven't used it yet but will very soon.

Comment

FYI...I use the Freud 8" Super Dado set on my TS2424 and it is great! I get smoother cuts and bottoms than with any other dado I've used previously. I think the most important feature is the negative hook angle of this set. It requires a slower feed rate but the results are beautiful.

With the 8" dado remember to limit the depth of cut as these sets can bog down a contractor saw. Using good set ups my TS2424 has never balked at this kind of work.

What a great Saw!
          - Tim

Comment

Working...
          X