R4511 riving knife - need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 riving knife - need help

Hello all, I just finally finished putting my saw together and I can't seem to square up the riving knife to the blade, I tried loostening the four screws and adjusting it but i can only raise and lower it or tilt it back and foward but it needs to move in line with the blade and I just can't seem to do it, it's almost an 1/8th of an inch towards the fence and i was wandering if anyone has any tips or tricks to line this up or if anyone had the same problem and how they got past it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Re: R4511 riving knife - need help

The 4 screws you mention are not for aligning the knife. They adjust the opening on the mount that the knife slides into.

There are 2 - 5MM socket head cap screws that hold the mount in place. You must loosen these screws in order to align the riving knife to the blade.

Comment

Thanks alot for your help I'll try that the book didin't mention those set screws at all

Comment

Your right the book was totally wrong on there directions. The repair manual has picture. I finally got mine aligned but it was pain... it took about 45 attempts.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X