X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum go bye bye?

anyone give any thought to what will happen to this bbs when ridgid goes away? (ridgid.com...) any contingency plans or recommended forums? definitely enjoy the company here...

bob

If you use your old bookmark to the Ridgid forums, it redirects you.

I'm sure, for research and development, Ridgid will keep the boards alive if for nothing more.

Personally, I thin Ridgid has realized it's a wonderful place for all of us to share ideas and ideals.

It's one of the WoodWorking's prefered, and pronounced forums of all times. It's members continues to grow...It's dedicated members contionue to offer advice. Because of a statement made...the changes have already been put in place over past years. They just made us aware of it, and the contacts should not be a huge surprise.

What I have noticed is...Dave Arbuckle hasn't made offerings of his vast knowledge since the release of the the report.

What say yee Dave? You still with us?
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Dave's been posting, last time on the 13th.
      Don't worry, I'm sure we haven't lost him.
      Give a guy a chance to take a vacation, or even
      a break from all the commotion.
      I blank out myself for awhile sometimes.

Comment

This is my first and favorite woodworking forum, but lately it hasn't been about woodworking, but about all the potential things that could happen to the corporate structure of vendors, sales approaches, product lines, manufacturing, and other topics over which we have no control, and not about woodworking.

As a result I have been getting my woodworking forum "fix" elswhere - most often on http://talk.woodmagazine.com/woodtalkindex.html

Despite the frustration of not knowing exactly how things will come out, and the desire to vent our frustration, I suggest we go back to making sawdust, and get the discussion here back to woodworking. If we do, I suspect that Dave Arbuckle and some of the other woodworking experts will reappear. And I will enjoy this forum again.

Comment

Applause
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Getting back to the original question, here are my favorite WW forums:

WoodCentral
            Saw Mill Creek
            The Oak
            WoodNet
            WoodworkersCentral (WWA)

I visit Wood occasionally but find it to be the least informative of any I have visited. There are about 10 others I have bookmarked that I visit once every couple of weeks or so.

gator

Comment

Thanks for asking, Woody. I've not left, but have been having _BIG_ troubles here at day_job with a malfunctioning mail server, that ate all my time.

This is the first day this week I've gotten to eat lunch... (those who've met me know that's a priority to me )

Dave

Comment

Just for the record, RIDGID.com isn't going anywhere anytime soon. None of us know about it if it is, anyway. [img]smile.gif[/img] And we haven't heard any plans for pulling the plug on the woodworking part of the Forum, either.

Comment

Thanks for chimming in Norm and giving us incouraging and relieving news.

Keep up the great work!
                  John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Well that one less thing to worry about!
                    Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                    X