What Next for HD and Ridgid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Next for HD and Ridgid?

I can never ever figure out why Ridgid deals exclusively with Home Depot. Seems to put them at a huge disadavantage versus the other tool manufacturers... DeWalt, Porter Cable, Black and Decker... it seems like all the other companies sell to Lowes, Sears, Home Depot... With a variety of problems with Home Depot's staff knowledge of product, marketing, storing of stock, (4511's stacked 4' - 6' high). If Home Depot seemed to have a rabid committment to be an advocate of Ridgid tools, I perhaps would think differently, but I don't see it featured in advertising and at least at the local level, the Home Depot staff sells me Ridgid tools despite their efforts not due to them. I usually leave their store smiling at my Ridgid tool purchase but shaking my head at the poor service or misinformation from the Home Depot personel... The chaotic bringing in a new product and then discounting it for clearance has been a great benefit for me, but it kinda smells like there are problems with their marketing plans.
    Last edited by iamwelty2; 03-13-2011, 07:40 AM. Reason: verbage

Comment

anyone interested in a brand new in the sealed box 3650 saw. preferably in the los angeles area.

if so leave a visitor message

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

who found one of those? i'm in NY but that would be a real find, even missing the guide rails (box2).
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I had a TS 3650 but the arbor had an small groove in it by the face that allowed two of the dado blades to be lower than the others and I could not get a good dado, so they exchanged it and gave me the TS 4512. I just wish that I had known that they had gone with the cheap metal for the wings. They told me that they just junked it so that Ridgid would give them their original cost of the saw back. What a waste of a good saw. Go figure. The store manager at my store told me that they were moving them out for floor space and they had only sold three saws in one year. I purchased the last brand new jointer they had and got a great price on it. As someone stated it is good for some of us if we catch it at the right time.

Mike
          Last edited by Woodlvr; 03-15-2011, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X