X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biesemeyer Fence R4511

Yesterday I finished installing my Biesemeyer fence and rails to the R4511. I originally had the one piece front and rear rails, which while a significant improvement to the stock rails, still left much to be desired. I finally decided on upgrading to the Biesemeyer over the Grizzly fence as I got a great deal on the Biesemeyer fence at just over $200 for the whole thing.

Installing it was not as bad as I had thought. I took the stock front angle iron and clamped it to the new Biesemeyer angle iron ensuring it was evenly spaced. I drill (4) new holes in with a metal drill bit. It only took a couple minutes to drill each hole, and I had the front rail installed within 30 minutes.

Since I have to operate out of my garage, space is at a premium. I ordered the 30" rails, and as others have done before, I shifted to front tube to the right 10". This lines up with the existing holes in the angle iron and gives me a total of 40" rip capacity to the right and about 3 -4" to the left.

Finally, I installed the rear angle iron in a similar fashion. Lining up the stock rail with the Biesemeyer rail and drilling (4) holes. With this particular fence, the rear rail provides no support for the fence, but I installed it for a future outfeed table and for the router cabinet I'm looking to incorporate with the saw.

Overall, very pleased with the fence, definitely worth the time and money for the upgrade.
    Attached Files

Re: Biesemeyer Fence R4511

Great upgrade and an excellent post. Enjoy!

Comment

NICE! Now, where do you fine a Biesemeyer fence and rails for $200???

Comment

I put my Delta T-2 on mine, and haven't regretted it one iota. Truth is, had I never used the Delta, I'd probably been happy with the Ridgid, but I was used to the Delta and glad to have it back.

Comment

Originally posted by mike65072 View Post
          NICE! Now, where do you fine a Biesemeyer fence and rails for $200???
          I found both the rails and the fence separately actually. The rails I got from Grainger, they may still have some left, for $109. The fence I kinda found by accident on Amazon. It had been priced at $219 for several months, then one day I checked, and they dropped the price to $111 so I bought it immediately. Later in the day it was back to the original price.

Comment

Great upgrade

Comment

Installed my Bies last year. Makes the 4511 a very good saw.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChucker View Post
                I found both the rails and the fence separately actually. The rails I got from Grainger, they may still have some left, for $109. The fence I kinda found by accident on Amazon. It had been priced at $219 for several months, then one day I checked, and they dropped the price to $111 so I bought it immediately. Later in the day it was back to the original price.
                I have had this happen with Amazon also. I was looking for a pin nailer and had price watch on through camelcamelcamel.com. The price dropped significantly one day and I bought it. The next day, or so, the price jumped back up. In fact, even higher than the original price.
                Regardless, you got a great value.

Comment

Decent fence with the exception of using clamps on the fence, the combo t-square is a beast.

Comment

Working...
                  X