• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole joint.

Dave

Comment

Dave,

That's why I said I would "supply the link" if anyone were interested. Obviously, the joint type is a key factor. This particular test was evaluating rail and stile jointery.

The link is
      http://www.netexperts.cc/~lambertm/Wood/biscuit.html

Just thought it was an interesting article, especially with controls and measurements in place.

BTW, I recently picked up the PC557 at HD for $189.00. (reg $220 in Atlanta stores) I took a copy of International Tool's internet ad and got a price match.

Wood Dog

Comment

OK - it's on to the test bench. God knows I have enough scrap to play with [img]redface.gif[/img])

Best regards,

Henry

Comment

An interesting point of the test in the article is that even though the biscuits were very strong, when the joint failed, it was rapid and complete. The preferred joint of the testers after all was said and done (for rail and stile joints on doors) was loose tenon or mortise and tenon. When they failed, it was more gradual.

Wood joints......now there's no better way to start a brawl amoung woodworkers.

Good luck Henry [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Wood Dog

Comment

Thanks Wood Dog and all the rest. I now have all the knowledge I need to go where no woodworker has gone before (in MY garage).

I'll post my progress from time to time.

Best regards,

Henry

Comment

Working...
            X