X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 coming back

I spent some time over the last few days talking with HD and Ridgid. First I wonder if anyone at HD knows anything about table saws.

For example Mayuri said:

"Unfortunately, the Ridgid table saw, R4511 has been discontinued online
    as well as at The Home Depot stores. We apologize for not meeting your
    expectations.

You may be able to find an alternate item by visiting homedepot.com or
    your local Home Depot store."

None of the saws at HD does anything close to R4511. Today one rep at Ridgid tried to tell me that R4510 was like R4511. Since the model number was one digit apart. I never was able to talk with anyone at Ridgid who knew anything about R4511 coming back. One rep at Ridgid said HD did not want it.

I was hoping to buy one but will buy another saw instead.

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm a new guy here, have been lurking for awhile. I have a story I would like to relay. I am up in MN and have been researching TS online for quite awhile and finally decided on the CM 21833. Picked it up 4/16 and put it together. It seemed alright. So I go to HD the next day (4/17) and lo and behold they have an R4511 TS sitting in the crate. I had been looking at this one online and had given up hope as it seemed to have been discontinued. Long story short, I returned the CM(pd $479.00) and bought the R4511(pd $399.00) and could not be happier. The difference in fit and finish are not even close. I love this R4511.

I tell you though, it was like pulling teeth at HD to get them to sell me one. When I went to HD on 4/22 to buy one, the one that had been up front was gone...my heart sank. I had the gal at the pro desk look it up on Ridgid's website and she said that it was clearanced and they do not have anymore. Well, unless you ask them and prod them they do not seem to want to sell you anything. I had her track down the UPC code to see if it could be special ordered. Finally after about 15 minutes of looking on her store computer, she said "It says we have 2 in stock, why don't you leave me your number and I'll let you know if we find them." I told her that if she can find one I will buy it right now. She really wanted to go home! She also said that there were 3 other stores within 25 mile radius that show that they have one. Well, I left her my name and number and figured I would try and call the other stores to see if they had stock. Before I left, I took a look around the store myself to see what I could find. I found the 2 they said they had in stock way in the back, top shelf, above the door aisle. Bought one. Happy. (not w/customer service though)

BG Olson

Comment

Yeah, it's a great saw... I wonder how successful it would be it they had a quality network to sell the saw through that understood saws and new how to market them... I think hiding saws on the top shelf and not telling staff members anything about what they have on sale is kinda nuts... I wonder if the guy that wrote the assembly instructions for the saw has been promoted to marketing...

Comment

I originally posted this over in another thread, but, thought this thread was more applicable. iamwelty2, can you post the SKU of the saw you purchased?

I've been to 4 Home Depot's in my area this week looking specifically for this saw.

2 had them, one had at least 2, the other had 5. One of the stores that didn't have any in stock told me they didn't have one, and that it was discontinued, and hence unavailable. The second said that they didn't have any and told me that Home Depot was discontinuing all stationary tools, they pointed to a Rigid jointer on sale for $299 as an example. The store that had 2, wasn't sure about the long term status, and the kid walked around looking up until he found the one in stock that was still packaged. The last store had just received 5 of them. In fact they were in the process of assembling one for store display as I was there. They told me it was coming back. Both stores had the price at $399.

I want to buy this table saw, but, it would be better for me to purchase it later in the summer, but, I don't want to miss out. I tried getting using the customer service chat on-line and just got transferred around, finally just sent an e-mail. I'll post any response I get.

Either way I've reaffirmed my preference for Lowe's, if not for Rigid I would never enter a Home Depot.

Comment

I just bought this saw in Des Moines, IA for $399.
            On the packing label it shows a delivery date of 04/10 to the Ankeny HD store. The manufacture date is also 2010. Don't know if that means it's coming back or not, but I do know there are a couple more in Des Moines area. The SKU is 750-663.
            BTW, I really like this saw!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Voyles View Post
              I just bought this saw in Des Moines, IA for $399.
              On the packing label it shows a delivery date of 04/10 to the Ankeny HD store. The manufacture date is also 2010. Don't know if that means it's coming back or not, but I do know there are a couple more in Des Moines area. The SKU is 750-663.
              BTW, I really like this saw!!
              Makes me wonder if they just had some more inventory "over there" and are shipping it here to finally close out the saw forever.

Comment

Working...
              X