X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 coming back

I was at my local HD today. My local ridgid rep was there and we got to talking about the future of ridgid wwing tools. We specifically talked about the r4511 and its replacement. He stated that HD has decided to bring it back. He stated that HD asked Ridgid to bring back a stationary TS around the $500 pricepoint. Ridgid responded by bringing back the r4511. He showed me his manifest which shows 4 new 4511's coming to my local store. A month ago the 4511 was clearenced out here at my local store, I gave my friend the upc off of my receipt from mine so that he could order it. HD stated clearenced-unable to order.

My local Ridgid rep stated that the saw is set to get an update sometime soon(probably a riving knife)...but it will most definately keep the granite top. He stated that neither HD or Ridgid was loosing money on the granite top. He stated that they ship by the pallet, not by weight so it does not matter how heavy it is. Due to this, they will never come out with a one piece rail system for it as they want to keep shipping to one pallet per unit.

I asked him about any new tools coming out and he stated the big thing now is the jobmax tools. He stated that you can buy different heads online. I asked him about a new bandsaw, he stated and I quote "not anytime soon".

He seemed pretty knowledgeable and as an owner of a 4511 I hope he is right. I hope more people get the chance to get one of these wonderful saws.

Re: R4511 coming back

This responses to this thread should be interesting.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I asked him about a new bandsaw, he stated and I quote "not anytime soon".
      A shame, they need a new & improved BS more than anything.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I agree on the bandsaw....I saw the pic of that "new" one that was floating around here....I would have loved to get that one.

Comment

A shame, they need a new & improved Band Saw more than anything.
          Improved Band saw with Granite Table, Granite Lower Wheel, Ceramic Blade Guides, Stiffer Base, Softer Belt, Tension Release Lever...?

Would like to see the R4511 make a comeback, too bad they wont be improving the two piece fence rail (only major thing I dislike about the one I own). My neighbor loves mine now that he has seen it in action. He wants to buy mine for $500, I wont let it go that easy.

I am contemplating replacing the Fence and rail system with this one, available at tools-plus for $149.00

If i do, the original split rails will become the legs of the out-feed table. The original fence will hold a sacrificial strip on one side for Rabbets and Tenons, and router fence on the other side, the Delta makes it possible to extend the table-top to cover that void.

Comment

Cool! Very informative thread!

Comment

Two questions:

1. Doesnt the saw already have a riving knife? Or are you speaking of just a set of knives that will go in place of the guard/knife combination? I bought the Steel City parts that "fit" (need to widdle away some of the paint on the lower part of it)

2. I have to question why HD would go through all of the effort and presumably loss of $$$ to clear the saws out at 299, only to bring them back a few months later. Especially without any major changes (and maybe not even a model # change?) That makes the 299 deal even better! I paid 450 for mine during the ultimate power tool sale, and I think even that was well worth it.

Comment

2. I have to question why HD would go through all of the effort and presumably loss of $$$ to clear the saws out at 299, only to bring them back a few months later.
                Maybe its a contractual issue between RIDGID/TTI and HD. Maybe HD wanted out, and the other won't budge, so they have to take them back and put them up for sale again until the contract runs out.

Think about it. If you are going with basically only one outlet for your tools, you can't afford to get 'dropped' mid-stream. If you had your product out in four or five stores then the loss of one would not hurt as much. But with no one selling the 4511 all you research, development, and marketing money is wasted.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'd love to see it come back if for nothing else than parts availability in the future and also more development on accessories and jigs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                    Maybe its a contractual issue between RIDGID/TTI and HD. Maybe HD wanted out, and the other won't budge, so they have to take them back and put them up for sale again until the contract runs out.

Think about it. If you are going with basically only one outlet for your tools, you can't afford to get 'dropped' mid-stream. If you had your product out in four or five stores then the loss of one would not hurt as much. But with no one selling the 4511 all you research, development, and marketing money is wasted.
                    Excellent point. I kind of figured they could just take it to the courts, or maybe had an "out" in the contract for such an issue, but then again maybe not (or HD realized its cheaper for them to re-stock it).

Then again HD might have realized something when the saws sold faster than the speed of light at 299!!!

I wonder what Ridgids relationship with Amazon is. I know they sell them some of their tools on there, but the prices are outrageous.

Comment

Apparantly this info is getting around quickly

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/15460

Comment

Originally posted by jeep_man View Post
                        Apparantly this info is getting around quickly

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/15460
                        That's what rumors do, they spread like wild fire. Now facts.......that is an entirely different matter altogether.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

They still have that saw here in Canada. There was never any talk of removing it here. It's still $799 at the store in Barrie. I have a 3650 and am happy with it but it sure would have been nice to see some of the better prices that our neighbors to the south get. They dont carry the jointer here in Canada either. I cant understand why there is such a difference between the US and Canadian stores.

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post
                            I am contemplating replacing the Fence and rail system with this one, available at tools-plus for $149.00.
                            Cisco, did you end up buying this fence?

Do you know if the mounting holes on the angle iron and rear guide line up with the threaded holes in the sides of the R4511's granite top? Or do you need to drill your own holes to mate it up to the R4511?

I'm undecided between getting a whole new fence, such as the Delta, or just replacing the front tube and continuing to use the stock fence. No matter how much I fuss with it, I can't get the two tubes of the stock split tube design to perfectly line up, so if the fence is perfectly parallel to the blade when it's completely on the right tube, it's off when it either straddles the gap or moves over on the left tube. I'm tired of screwing with it, and I want a better solution.

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post
                              Improved Band saw with Granite Table, Granite Lower Wheel, Ceramic Blade Guides, Stiffer Base, Softer Belt, Tension Release Lever...?

Would like to see the R4511 make a comeback, too bad they wont be improving the two piece fence rail (only major thing I dislike about the one I own). My neighbor loves mine now that he has seen it in action. He wants to buy mine for $500, I wont let it go that easy.

I am contemplating replacing the Fence and rail system with this one, available at tools-plus for $149.00

If i do, the original split rails will become the legs of the out-feed table. The original fence will hold a sacrificial strip on one side for Rabbets and Tenons, and router fence on the other side, the Delta makes it possible to extend the table-top to cover that void.
                              Let us know how it works out for you!!

Thanks!

Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X