X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - I'm a NEWBIE to the Forum

Hi Folks - the FORUM just notified me that I have YET to post, so here it is! I'm a semi-retired engineer (Aerospace) living in north eastern TN (near Ky and Va). LOML and I moved here a LONG time ago, hand built our 3500 sq ft home (which I have YET to finish the interior - I get bored with TRIMMING) and now need to do cabinets, etc. I started woodworking as a child, but have gone in "fits and starts" as work and other things have interceded.

I found the forum while dealing with my old (beloved) Chraftsman 113.226830 10" Electronic TS. LOVE THAT SAW - but it seems that it electronically may have died. If anyone has an interest in the saw, or perhaps needs parts (if it's dead), email to jtnfarm@centurytel.net. I'll finish the "diagnostics" this weekend, and will answer all emails.

Good to "meet" you all. Jim Finnegan

p.s. Thanks to all your posts, I just ordered a new Ridgid R4511 !

Re: Hi - I'm a NEWBIE to the Forum

A very generous offer on your part Jim. Good luck with the new saw.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the Ridgid Forums Jim, you'll find a great bunch of knowledgeable people here from all walks of life, not just woodworking.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Jim,

Welcome to the Ridgid forum. There's a great bunch of folks here and lots of help and good information, and certainly always a bunch of us who are seeking help and answers too.

Please feel free to join in,

CWS

Comment

Welcome Jim!

Comment

Welcome aboard Jim, alot of good people here...Pat

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome!! Sounds like the R4511 is actually coming back!!??

What shipping time did the quote you? What price??

You'll want to do this...

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...t=27691&page=2

but get them here

http://www.reidsupply.com/GrpResults...1911&apid=0&bi=

Comment

Welcome Jim! I know what you mean about the trim work. I built my house several years ago and things slowed down big time when it came time for the trim work. I had plenty of help with the carpentry, wiring and plumbing...when the miter box came out the cheap help disappeared.

Comment

I might not have been here long enough myself to be welcoming folks, but welcome anyway.

Folks here have been pretty friendly to me, and the helpful post about R-4511 saw assembly probably saved my sanity.

Comment

Thank ALL of you for your help - I'm saving EVERY input I get - and I'll need it! iamwelty2, the R4511 was $600, out the door, EXCEPT for sales tax. I didn't ask about shipping time. I met some good people sorting this out:

1. HD Store Issues/Questions: Teria @ 1-800-654-0688 x76151
                      2. RIDGID Tool Div Cust Svs: Margaret @ 1-866-539-1710, press 2,
                      then 2, then 3
                      3. RIDGID Tool Div Tech Svs: Brandy @ 1-866-539-1710, press 2,
                      then 2, then 4
                      Does the saw come in one box? I'm working on how to get it out of my pickup. Suggestions?

Best Again Jim

Comment

I am pretty sure is comes in one box. It is loads of fun to put together. It took me a few hours. I used rare earth magnets to keep my cabinet closed, it was even easier than the swell latches. I had some alignment issues with my fence and they eventually replaced it and all is well now. I am currently putting longer fence rails on it so I can add a router tabel to it.
                        Lots of good info on the saw on this forum.
                        Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by jfin View Post
                          Svs: Brandy @ 1-866-539-1710, press 2,
                          then 2, then 4
                          Does the saw come in one box? I'm working on how to get it out of my pickup. Suggestions?

Best Again Jim
                          The saw will come in one box, and it's heavy! 477 lbs if I remember correctly.

If you have an engine hoist, that would probably be the easiest way to get it from the truck to the floor, but I used a couple of 2x12's for a ramp and slid it down. In full disclosure....I didn't have to go the full height of the tailgate, my shop is a small out building up on concrete blocks, so I only had to go down about two feet.

If you have a pipe clamp hanging on your wall...take the clamp parts off so you just have a piece of pipe. Use a 2x4 or something for leverage, and raise one side of the saw crate up enough to get the pipe under it. After that, it's easy to roll it back to your ramp. Once it gets on the boards, gravity is your friend.

Just be careful, you don't want to drop it, and you don't want it to fall on you, or hurt yourself trying to stop it. Another person would be a big help, but I unloaded mine by myself.

Be sure you read up on the post here about assembly, as you've probably already read, the instructions are terrible. It'll make more sense if you have both the manual, and the parts book both open at the same time.

If you decide to take the top off, for weight reduction while you're moving it around, pay attention to the shims, and where they need to go back. I didn't remove my top, and it wasn't terrible to tilt it over on it's side to install the base, and lift, by myself.

One more thing I'll add...don't over tighten the wings. I cracked one of mine, I guess from over tightening, even though I was just using a ratchet wrench. (Home Depot replaced it with no hassle).

I think you'll be happy with your purchase, I know I am.

Comment

Maylinda - I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you - I'm building the rest of my shop cabinets, so I get to the forum while waiting for glue to dry! Your post was very appreciated, and I would enjoy your emails any time you choose to send them!

Best to you and yours Jim

Comment

Working...
                            X