X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TS3650 - rear rail height

I finished assembling the saw and when I tested the miter gauge I noticed it hitting the real rail once the gauge left the cast iron top. I attempted to loosen the rear rail and push it down. But it always seems to pop back up when tigtening it. Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks!

Make sure its not on upside down
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

That's funny. I never would've thought of that.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I contacted customer support and they said they had never received a call like this before. They think the screw holes for the rear rail got drilled in properly, looks like I have to pack up the saw and get another one. It looks like I wasted 8 hours on a defective saw.

Comment

If you take a nice calm approach when you go back to HD you might be able to talk them into just taking back the saw and wings portion of the 3650. That way, you won't have to go through the assembly part again for the base and the Herc-U-Lift. It can't hurt to ask.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Mike,
            Just logged in and saw your post. I had exactly the same problem and took a close look at the fasteners used to secure the rail. They are 1/4 -20 UNC square head bolts and mine were
            asymetrical (the center of the threaded portion and the centre of the square were not common) I turned the fastener 180 degrees and the problem was solved.

Regards

Comment

I was thinking that exact same thing and asked the customer rep if the bolts are centered on the head, he said you can put them in any direction. To my dismay I have already packed up the saw and it is in the back of my truck to exchange it. Hopefully the new won't have any other problems.

Thansk for everybody's help!

Comment

I had the same thing happen when I assembled my saw, but had no problem setting it right. For me it was only an adjustment - loosened off all the nuts and bolts and set it accordingly.

Comment

Ditto. Just loosen the bolts, push down on the rail and retighten.

My problem is that if I start the stock miter gauge with the crescent shaped dial off the table, it runs into the side of the table and is deflected upwards.

Comment

Working...
                  X