X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R4511

After a lot of research I have found this saw has all the bells and whistles I would like in my price range. I have been trying unsuccessfully to purchase one. Since HD does not carry them any more and will not order one I went to the internet but can't find a source. Does anyone know of another place other than Home Depot where one can be ordered?

Thanks

Al

Re: Ridgid R4511

Hi - there may be some mixups out there re: stock numbers. The SKU for the R4511 is 750663. It will likely require a Home Depot special order. See my post from, I believe, yesterday. Reply if you have other questions -

Find me at 'jfin' Good Luck Jim Finnegan

Comment

Thanks jfin
      I think the SKU numbers will be a big help. The "service desk" had no idea how to order the "R4511". They suggested I call Ridgid. I'm not sure how that was going to help.

Al

Comment

Al - see my post. Call Teria at Home Depot HQ and she may be able to 'smooth the way'. She sure did that for me, and agreed that I could post her info on this forum. Jim

Comment

Were you able to order the r4511 GreenMtns?

Comment

HD should be able to order this for you. I called ridgid about a drill press and they told me to have HD order it for me. I did and it came to the store from the ridgid factory. This however was something they carry on the web so was a little easier. Good luck with the saw. If you get one you will love it. I speak from experience.
            Power tools and accessories for man cave $5000. Wood to make things $1400. Ending up making a single cutting board for a gift…….Priceless

Comment

I went to my local Home Depot to special order a r4511. Not much to my surprise, after about 10 minutes of phone calls by the manager, I was told HD would not be able to order a r4511 because they were discontinued. He said his Ridgid rep would try to locate one and if successful would call me back. I am not holding my breath. I might try the phone # and contacts posted by Jim in another thread for he was successdful in special ordering a r4511. Of interest, the Ridgid rep did say a new hybrid model, very similar to the r4511 except with cast iron top, should be available by July 2010. Also, he expected it to cost slightly less $$$. According to the HD manager to many granite tops chipped during shipping and that was the main problem.

Comment

This has been an interesting bunch of threads. Yes - I did provide a phone number into HD HQ, and I was able, through that person, to ORDER an R4511. But, given all the confusion over availability (perhaps too many HD and RIDGID "cooks" making the "soup"?), I'm coming to the point where I'll believe it ONLY when it arrives at the store - and I see it! If my order "bombs", the cast iron top equivalent would be, for me, just fine.

Jim

Comment

In a hopes to make you feel better Jfin, I did call Ridgid before I went to my local HD and they said they still had the r4511 and to special order it through HD. I see the HD's in Canada still stock them for $800. The extra 200 must go along way in keeping it on the shelves. Perhaps Canada's HD's will have a sale too. Anyway good luck on aquiring yours.
                  Last edited by Buckeyes; 03-19-2010, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to suggest coming up to the Great White North and getting one. Of course, there is that MAJOR price difference. No idea why they are still selling them here, and not in the US. Must make sense to the bean counters somewhere. I'm fortunate to live right on the border... a quick hop across to a suburb of Detroit, and back home in less than an hour. Fantastic saw.
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X