X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osc Belt/Drum sander EB4424

I'm considering the purchase of the above machine. Any thought/ suggestions? Older Ridgid stuff was always good. Is the new stuff?

First off I purchased one of these last fall, for the most part I'm very happy with it. I do have one concern, the sander is not square to the table, it's not off much and for my present needs it has not been a big problem. I have not spent a huge amount of time on diagnosing the problem however I have had the bottom off of the housing and it appears that the motor is not mounted flush/square to the table, I do not see any way to correct this, it's almost like the mount is slightly undersized or the motor is slightly oversized, as I recall from looking at it a few months ago. I have several home maintenance projects going so fine tuning the sander has not been high on the priority list, hopefully come fall I'll spend some time on this. Hey Jake your up, any thoughts on this.
    Dave
    It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

Comment

I purchased one of the oscillating belt/drum sanders. I was not happy with it at all, the belt would NOT stay put on its drums as much as I tried tracking it properly. I returned it and got credit for it withoput any problem. Sorry HD!
      Gordon Andersen

Comment

Working...
      X