X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 question?

I'm still saw shopping. Found a used TS3650 for $350.00. My question is does this saw come with cast iron extensions or stamper steel?

Thanks

Harleyman

Re: TS3650 question?

Cast iron wings.

I wouldn't pay $350 for a used saw. And I have (and like a lot) a 3650.

Comment

Originally posted by Harleyman View Post
      I'm still saw shopping. Found a used TS3650 for $350.00. My question is does this saw come with cast iron extensions or stamper steel?

Thanks

Harleyman
      For $350 it would have to be in almost new condition with lil' or no usage. A couple of months ago I upgraded to an R4511 and sold my practically new 3650 for $ 310 to a very happy buyer. Search this forum as there's incredible amount of info about the 3650 including a recall on some 3650's due to a blade arbor defect.

Comment

The extensions are cast iron. The 3650 is one of the niftiest table saws ever made in my opinion.
        If the one you're looking at is in good condition and I needed it I would pay $350 for it, put a good blade on it and sing a happy tune.

Rots of Ruck.

Bill

Comment

Great saw, I bought my saw used about 20 months ago for $250.00, I've seen a number of them from $225 to $325 on Craigslist and Ebay. Unless the saw is like new or comes with accessories I would keep looking. Good luck, Pat...

Comment

I would try to talk him down a bit even if it is in great shape. But I will tell you if I was the one selling I would be wanting top dollar for the TS-3650 since it is an excellent TS. I think it is one of the best contractor style table saws that ever hit the market. The 3660 cabinet might be a bit sturdier, but I think the one piece rails out weigh the 'shaky leg' problem of the 3650 which is easily solved.

Knowing what I know of the 3650 after having used one for over 6 years now I would be willing to pay $300 for a 3650 in good condition today. I'd take it over the 3660 or the 4511, and over any other contractor style saw out there now or in the past.

If RIDGID were to bring back the 3650 with a riving knife design that met todays standards and closed in the bottom for dust collection, and could keep the price under $600, they would have another winner I think and leave those rock-top saws in the dust.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 03-19-2010, 10:57 PM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
            X