X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height gear slipping on R4511

I was putting in a ZCI today and raised my blade to full height when cutting through the ZCI blank. All seemed to go well there.

When I lowered the blade fully to take the insert out the blade would not raise back up more than 1 inch without slipping on the gear teeth.

I took the belt off and the blade and it appears that the gear teeth on the height gear are not meshing solidly with the worm gear. Is there an adjustment for this??

The teeth seem meshed correctly when the blade is fully lowered but as soon as I start raising the blade you can see that the teeth and worm gear are barely touching and as soon as they get some weight on them they slip and the blade drops until the teeth re engage.

Re: Height gear slipping on R4511

Cisco, check PM's.

J.C.

Comment

Wish I could help Cato, but it's an issue I haven't read anything about, and certainly can't offer advice from hands on experience with it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
        Wish I could help Cato, but it's an issue I haven't read anything about, and certainly can't offer advice from hands on experience with it. Good luck!
        Thanks Hewood- it's not an issue that would commonly occur, and thank goodness for the warranty because I went through everything last night and there was no eccentric or adjustment that I could find to fix it.

Talked with Tech service and they said it's not an over the phone fix, but to take it into a service center and let them handle it.

I never thought I would actually do that, but with the top hardware removed it is a much easier unit to handle and I'll be able to tilt and slide it into the back of my little highlander.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post

Thanks Hewood- it's not an issue that would commonly occur, and thank goodness for the warranty because I went through everything last night and there was no eccentric or adjustment that I could find to fix it.

Talked with Tech service and they said it's not an over the phone fix, but to take it into a service center and let them handle it.

I never thought I would actually do that, but with the top hardware removed it is a much easier unit to handle and I'll be able to tilt and slide it into the back of my little highlander.

Comment

Working...
          X