Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 Fence Upgrade idea

Originally posted by Brian Shepley View Post
    I'm curious, what exactly is the problem with the stock fence?
    IMHO, there's nothing wrong with the stock fence. personally speaking, it will be quite awhile till my woodworking skills outgrow this awesome saw.

Comment

Just bought the Shop Fox Standard fence for $80.00. Includes the fence, front and back rails. Very good condition. Thanks to Craigslist. Works GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dondi12 View Post
        Just bought the Shop Fox Standard fence for $80.00. Includes the fence, front and back rails. Very good condition. Thanks to Craigslist. Works GREAT!
        Dondi,
        I guess you had to drill and tap holes to mount the Shop Fox rails to the saw(?) How complicated was the assembly? Thanks.

Comment

I had to drill new holes in the front rail. All I did was to take off the front rail that came with the saw, clamped it to the shop fox rail and used the holes in the original rail to drill the new holes. Took me about 20 minutes. I didn't use the back rail at all from the shop fox. The fence rides on the table. I waxed my table real good and then waxed the bottom of the fence and it glides beautifully. I don't find deals like this very often. Most of the time it's when I don't have the expendable income for my toys, I really had no immediate plans to upgrade right now but I couldn't beleive this guy only wanted $80.00 so I drove the 1.5 hours to go and get it! So far I love it!
          Last edited by Dondi12; 03-25-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X