Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HF 2hp dust collector ?

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
    Pat, thanks for the reply. Ever since I got my R4511 set up, I have been doing small and simple woodworking projects here and there, and I have noticed how much dust settles on my workbench, other tools, and on practically every surface in my shop (aka garage) after every project. So I find myself spending alot of time dusting and cleaning after I use my TS. The HF unit looks like a very affordable solution to my dust problem. Only question I have is, do I just run a hose from my TS to the DC unit and I'm good to go?

Thanks
    Hawk, I have a TS3650 with a dust pan in the bottom. I just run a 10ft flex hose from the HF DC to whichever tool I'm using, it can get tiresome at times but I share the shop with the cars so when I'm between projects everything gets pushed to the walls to make room for them. Hope that helps Pat

Comment

Hawk, when I first setup shop in my basement I also had that problem with fine dust settling everywhere. Once I hooked up my TS to the HF DC that problem all but disappeared. I still do get some fine dust but it's nowhere near as much as I used to get. Most of the sawdust I now end up with is on the table top of the saw and zero clearance inserts help in that area.

To answer your question, yes, all you need to do is hook up the TS to the DC and you should be good to go.
      Last edited by BadgerDave; 03-31-2010, 07:37 AM.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Hawk, when I first setup shop in my basement I also had that problem with fine dust settling everywhere. Once I hooked up my TS to the HF DC that problem all but disappeared. I still do get some fine dust but it's nowhere near as much as I used to get. Most of the sawdust I now end up with is on the table top of the saw and zero clearance inserts help in that area.

To answer your question, yes, all you need to do is hook up the TS to the DC and you should be good to go.
        BadgerDave, that's awesome, heading to HF this weekend. BTW, is this the unit that's on sale? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=97869

Comment

That's the one hawk, the only suggestion I have is to upgrade the 5 micron to a 1 micron bag or wynn filter, I found my bag on Amazon but I don't see it there now, but there are others online. Pat

Comment

Originally posted by PMR413 View Post
            That's the one hawk, the only suggestion I have is to upgrade the 5 micron to a 1 micron bag or wynn filter, I found my bag on Amazon but I don't see it there now, but there are others online. Pat
            Awesome tip, thanks Pat

Comment

Originally posted by PMR413 View Post
              I agree. The little dust that I do get now is probably because my upper bag is only 3 micron rated. I run a clear plastic bag on the bottom.
              ================================================== ====
              ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Well, I got my HF dust collector, $144.00 after 20% off coupon. The very nice lady at HF went out of her way to help me. She gave a printed 20% off coupon to present at the register after I mentioned I had an unprinted online coupon in my laptop, (saved me a trip to go get it).

PMR13, is this the 1 micron bag you got at Amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Big-Horn-11765...402979&sr=8-13
                Attached Files

Comment

"PMR13, is this the 1 micron bag you got at Amazon?"

That's the one, I couldn't find it on Amazon the other day. I have the rear and bottom of my saw closed off and about the only dust I get is from the top of the ZCI. Good luck Pat.

Comment

I think someone else may have already posted this, but the April/May American Woodworker has a coupon for the 2 hp HF DC for $139. Thanx to whoever it was that posted this - now I'm STILL waiting for my local HF to get them in. Jim

Comment

Hawk, I recommend you go with the Wynn Environmental cartridge filter. The DC unit will 'suck' more because the cartridge filter surface area is significantly larger than that of the bag design.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                        Hawk, I recommend you go with the Wynn Environmental cartridge filter. The DC unit will 'suck' more because the cartridge filter surface area is significantly larger than that of the bag design.
                        Hi SpiffPeters, I went to Wynn Environmental website and checked out the 35A series Filters. http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm
                        According to the website these filters will fit the 2HP HF dust collector without any modification. As expected, the filter option is more expensive but airflow is quite impressive when compared to a bag. for now, I am giving the 1 micron bag a try as it is a huge improvement over the 5 micron stock bag.
                        Thanks for the info.

Comment

The 1 micron bag is a necessary upgrade. The Wynn cartridge is a performance upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                          X