Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Another Vibration Problem (a bit different than the other post) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Vibration Problem (a bit different than the other post)

I just bought a TS2412 and spent a ton of time squaring and getting all the settings just right. I put on the cast extensions and everything is level square and in check. The first 50 or so cuts were like a hot knife through butter. I was careful to not overwork the blade.

After ripping a piece of 3' x 3' 3/4" plywood stock this evening the saw picked up a slight vibration that comes and goes while the blade is spinning without cutting. You can hear it when the blade is up to speed approximately every 3 seconds. I checked the belt alignment, fine. Checked the blade, perfect. Checked all the teeth and everything looks fine. I did a cautious test cut in some pine and checked the result and everything seemed to be in order.

What should I check next? It obviously isn't tied to the motors RPM cycle.

Thanks in advance for any info,
    Ron

First thing I would do is change the blade and see if that makes a difference. Its the easiest thing to do and I'd be willing you'll find that the blade is whats causing the vibration. Now as far as why the blade started vibrating...I'm not sure. This is just a guess, but it could be the pitch build-up on the blade.

Jake

Comment

Also, check the set screws on your motor and arbor pulleys---a loose pulley caused me some vibration similar to what you describe.
      Dave

Comment

Second to Dave's comment if the blade doesn't turn up being the problem. Murphy's Law being what it is, it was the arbor sheave on my saw that loosened. The other symptom was a ticking upon powerdown.

Dave

Comment

How did you fix the arbor sheave problem.

Comment

Tightened it. Nothing fancy, just tightened it.

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X