X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Purchase from Ridgid?

I was told by one of my local Home Depot stores that the distributor is saying it will be 2-1/2 months until they receive the BS1401 I am looking for (dual-voltage bandsaw).
    Would it be quicker if I order one directly from Ridgid (and can I do that?)?
    Think Highly, Feel Deeply , Speak Plainly

Zip,

I'm not sure why they are saying it will be 2 1/2 months before they get a -1 model. We are the distributor and I am pretty confident we have -1 in stock and are shipping those models (I will check though).

It could be the store has several -0 models in stock and figured it would take a month or two to sell down to the point were they can reorder.

Unfortunately I can only sell the Accessories direct; you will still have to go to HD for the power tools.

Jake

Comment

Thats better than here...I was told 3 to most likely 6 months before the BS1401 shows up. I checked at every HD in the York, PA/Baltimore, MD area (4 near me) and got the same story. I even had one guy who thought I was nuts and didn't know anything about tools! I made him call Ridgid and it was hard for him to eat crow. The Rigid person on the phone acted as though it was some top secret topic and I shouldn't know about it or shouldn't have been told about it.

Anyway, discouraged that I didn't want to wait another 6 months, I bought a BS1400 and order the fence and riser block direct. I'm very happy with it.

Jake, in the past you mentioned that an upgrade to the motor would be available to owners of the older model...any details?
      - Tim

Comment

Working...
      X