No announcement yet.

Disturbing visit to HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys it is nice to hear the "horror" stories about HD. I am not the only one I guess.

As to the HD owning Ryobi that would mean HD is making the low end craftsmen table saws and other hand tools??? Normally, when I am at the HD I talke to one certain person in each dept. I am there so much I know the associates. I sometimes run into the Ridgid rep. and he is very knowlegdable.

Better Luck at HD,

Zip

Comment

My HD did not have a jointer, they did offer to call other stores and found one. A lot of them still try to be helpful. I got the Ridgid jointer.

Comment

Hey everyone!
        My name is Rich, I'm a sales rep for Ridgid in the midsouth (Atlanta)Home Depots. I've read all the good stories and bad ones. Wood Dog, I am especially sorry for your first problem. Thanks for sticking up for us. I have run into this before as well. I tell the associates the same story. Some get it, some don't. As far as the service goes... I have worked w/ HD as a rep for six years and I have seen some bad service. I have seen some good service, and some outstanding service. On the whole I believe that HD still tries to help the customer, when they were smaller, they had a more knowledgable staff. Now that they are 1000+ it's kinda hard to find knowledgable help. That's where I come in. I try my best to give the associats the tips they need to sell the right tool to the right customer. I just wanted to let you guys know that I and 250 other Ridgid reps are out there... and we hear (and read) what your saying! I promise you guys (at least in my stores) iI will work as hard as I can to service Ridgid as well as their tools service you.
        Thanks for the support!!!!
        Rich

Comment

Hey Rich,

Thanks for being there! Jake, Ridgid Customer Service and guys like you are what make the difference. It's easy to support things you beleive in and its easy to beleive in a company that cares and listens. So...... you don't have to thank me for "sticking up" for you guys......but if you insist, just buy me a beer and we'll call it even!!!

Follow-up on E-Mail sent last week to HD. The following is a transcript of their response:......................................... .................................................. ...................................

Daveferg,
          Now I know how you felt. At least they're consistent! (see, I'm trying to be positive)

Wood Dog

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: Wood Dog ]

Comment

I have blasted the HD in Gainesville, Fl, in the past so I will also an aknowledge when they do things right. I just got back from a trip there and I am still amazed at what I saw. The place was actually clean. (tool area) It appears they have increased the display area for Ridgid and most tools where not only assembled but clean. The whole tool area not just the Ridgid area has undergone a make over. Everything appears to be stocked, organized, and clean. The local HD must have changed tool managers but I didn't have time to check.

Comment

One final thought on this subject for me:

Thanks again for all the input and especially everyone at Ridgid who is listening and who have shared their support both online and offline. Ridgid continues to impress me with their level of commitment and professionalism. You guys have a winning combination in my book.

Thanks,
              Wood Dog (w/tail wagging)

[ 04-30-2002: Message edited by: Wood Dog ]

Comment

Rich Dufford,

Thanks for the tip on the Vinings store. I tried to reply to your e-mail but was bounced. Thanks for all the support.

Wood Dog

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: Wood Dog ]

Comment

Today I walk into HD in Manisfield Ohio. I was hopeing to get the ridgid molding head for my tablesaw. They did not have it for individual sale. Even speical order. Then I look at the Radio arm saw. They were giving those if you bought the ras saw. I also look at the condition of the desaply(sp) tools dust on the tools. They had tools in boxes on the floor. To say the lest I wasn't please with this HD store.
                  Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                  X