X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410 Bevel Problem

After setting up my TS2410 as accurately as I can, I am unable to get a 90 degree cut off a 2X4. Although the Freud thin curf blade is slightly beyond 90 degrees when I check it with a 4" engineer's square, the cut on the wood tells me that the top of the blade needs to be set just a little further to the right. That is, when I check for squareness with the same engineer's square. Problem is that the adjustment is maxed out. Any suggestions?

Re: TS2410 Bevel Problem

TO SET THE BEVEL INDICATOR AND BEVEL STOPS AT 0 ̊ AND 45 ̊

The angle settings of the saw have been set at the factory and, unless damaged in shipping, should not require set- ting during assembly. After extensive use, it may need to be checked.

To check for squareness, 0 ̊ position:

 Unplug the saw and remove the switch key.

 Raise the blade to a 3 in. depth of cut.

 Release the bevel locking lever.

 Push the height/bevel adjusting handwheel to the left as far as possible.

 Lock the bevel locking lever.

 Place the combination square against blade. Make sure square is not touching the tip of one of the saw teeth.

If blade is square to the table:

 Check bevel indicator.

 If indicator is not pointing to the 0 mark on the bevel scale, loosen the indicator adjusting screw and adjust indicator.

 Retighten screw.

If blade is not square to the table:

 Loosen 0 ̊ stop screw until it is even with the top of the saw table using 5/32 in. hex key.

 Release the bevel locking lever and position the height/ bevel adjusting handwheel until blade is 0 ̊ to the table. Lock the bevel locking lever.

 Screw the 0 ̊ stop screw until the saw blade starts to move. Check again for squareness and readjust if needed.

 Check bevel indicator.

 If indicator is not pointing to the 0 ̊ mark on the bevel scale, loosen the indicator adjusting screw and adjust indicator.

 Retighten screw.

To check for squareness, 45 ̊ position:

 Release the bevel locking lever.

 Push the height/bevel adjusting handwheel to the right as far as possible.

 Lock the bevel locking lever.

 Place the combination square against blade. Make sure square is not touching the tip of one of the saw teeth.

If blade is square to the table:

 Check bevel indicator.

 If indicator is not pointing to the 45 ̊ mark on the bevel scale, loosen the indicator adjusting screw and adjust indicator.

 Retighten screws.

If blade is not square to the table:

 Loosen 45 ̊ stop screw until it is even with the top of the saw table using 5/32 in. hex key.

 Release the bevel locking lever and position the height/ bevel adjusting handwheel until blade is 45 ̊ to the table. Lock the bevel locking lever.

 Screw the 45 stop screw until the saw blade starts to move. Check again for squareness and readjust if needed.

 Check bevel indicator.

 If indicator is not pointing to the 45 ̊ mark on the bevel scale, loosen the indicator adjusting screw and adjust indicator.

 Retighten screw.

To set the bevel indicator:

 With the saw blade at 0 ̊, the bevel indicator should be pointing to 0 ̊.

 If not, loosen the indicator adjusting screw and adjust indicator.

 Retighten screw.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X