X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS 1400 on clearance?

Read in another forum a couple of reports that Ridgid's bandsaw has been marked down to $190. This was the actual price - not a store markdown of a return/demo.

My local HD still has the $369 price.

Anyone know what's going on?

Re: BS 1400 on clearance?

I bought one around a month ago for a clearance price 0f $184.50, I used a Harbor Freight 20% off coupon which brought it down to $147.60, so it's worth a try. By the way out of 5 HD stores near me only one had them on clearance. You got to keep looking Good luck Pat...

Comment

Old news however that pricing seems to be very regional. The HD's here also still have it marked at $369 or there about.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Some day I may begin to understand Home Depot's clearance process. I understand aggressive pricing for clearance items. I understand market based product selection. I have a hard time understanding clearing out a product for under cost in some stores but not others within the same market. Oh well, good for buyers bad for stock holders.

Pat - not trying to find a saw at that price, I'm trying to sell my used one. I was a little confused to see new saws being sold for what I thought my used saw was worth.

Comment

Yes most of the clearance items in the 'clearance' tables will be something that was $35 marked down to $31.95, that crap just sits there unless you were going to buy one anyway. But then I'll see a $500 set marked down to $299 or something. Just who you get marking them down I guess.

Also I thought HD carried everything but I found they don't have all current models only ones they get deals on probably. Don't sell the big routers.

Comment

PMR413 - Educate Me!! - You used a Harbor Freight discount coupon at Home Depot? Please - for ANYONE who will respond! Is this a universal agreement (that HD honors HF discount coupons), or what? I have the coupon, and HD says my R4511 will be in this week - Sure would be sweet if I could use the HF coupon! JIM
            Last edited by jfin; 03-28-2010, 12:14 PM.

Comment

My local HD will not honor HF coupons; I've tried.

They do cut some very sweet deals though, I have not paid full sticker for ANY of my RIDGID tools (three tablesaws, bandsaw, planer, jointer, drill press, router, 3x sanders).

Comment

HD's here won't honor them either. I've been told that they only price match(less 10%) on exact items, i.e. same manufacture and model number. Like many things HD, individual store managers will sometimes bend the rules.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

My local HD will honor any competitor coupon as long as it is corporately printed. IE no self printed internet coupons. I recently purchased the Ridgid sander and used a 10% Lowes coupon from the post office change of address pack and they took it without question.

Comment

My local HDs never had a problem matching prices or honoring Lowes 10% or Lowes $10 off coupons. They do not honor HF coupons at my local HD/Lowes. Only one HD out of 5 local HDs had the BS/DP marked down 50%

Comment

I saw that BS for that price here in St Louis a month or so ago. HD's here don't honor the HF coupons either.

Comment

Haven't found on clearance in L.A. yet either. BTW, out of a dozen HD's in the LA Co area that I frequent, only two will regularly honor the HF coupons. As someone else said, they have to be published (like those I've found in American Legion, U.S. News, etc). Both stores are heavily contractor based in very industrial heavy areas. Figure they are getting lots of business no matter what they discount.
                        RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
                        --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Comment

jfin, I had to explain what HF was, and then I compared it to them accepting a Lowes coupon. It took me about 5 minutes but they finally agreed, it was worth my effort.

reconx, I don't really understand why one store but not another, I'm a field tech so I drive by all the stores often and stop in when I can to look. Pat

Comment

I've did Lowes 10% coupons before and the 12 months with Lowes coupons.

I had a 10% with my when I bought the 4511 but they wouldn't do it, said it was already marked down to $299.

Worth a try anyway.

Never thought about HF, seems like I've seen a 20% on anything coupon, have to watch for those and give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                            X