X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts2410ls zero clearence plate

I need to get a zero clearence insert for my ts2410ls. I'm having a hard time getting one. I have looked around town , San Diego, Ie sears, Rockler and others. seems that the ridgid is not readly available. On the internet ive seen ones for ridgid but the model number is not listed so buying one that way is a turkey shoot. Any suggestions like where to get one? Home depot doesnt carry them either, thou I bought it there. Thanks, Chris

Re: ts2410ls zero clearence plate

Leecraft RG-1U fits.
    http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.co...keywords=rg-1u

Comment

Thanks, but the plate is a universal Ridgid and the notch at the end is short and there is not a screw slot on the end to secure the plane to the saw. Seems that the only one is from Rigid maybe. Dang didnt know this would be so difficult.

Comment

I'm not sure if the Model 949 will fit the newer 2410 but a call to Peachtree will answer that, 1-888-512-9069.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I spoke with one of the guys at LeeCraft in GA, who make the high-end replacement ZCI's sold at retail outlets. They're trying to finish making an updated one for the R4510 (the last iteration of the TS2400LS/2410) very soon.

Don't know what the insert looks like for the 2410, or if the new one LeeCraft is developing will work. I know the TS2400LS was hollowed-out, with an attachment screw at the front end. The newer R4510 is the same dimensionally as far as the opening size, but it is made from a flat plate that uses a short tab at the back end and spring clip at the front to stay in, and instead of sitting on the edge lip of the opening, it rests on 4 leveling screws that sit on tabs in the opening. Completely different beasts.

RC

P.S. any idea of how many of the owners of the new R4510 would be interested in the new insert?
          Last edited by rcxrc; 03-28-2010, 06:43 PM.
          RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
          --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Comment

The ts2400 and the ts2410 saw itself is identical. . So the face plates are the same. Amazon has them for under $30.00. It is the AC1045. If you look there you will see they have a large notch on one end and a screw fastener on the other. So that's the skinny on it.

Comment

Just a FWIW, the inserts that I bought from Peachtree for my TS3612 came with a predrilled hole for the hold down screw and an installed pin to keep the back of the insert from rising up.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If the 2400 and 2410 are the same, follow my tutorial on making them. It can be found on the INFO page of my web site. http//:www.hoistman.com
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                X