No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I just signed on, I have been reading all the info. and it's amazing what I have learned. Thank you.

I am ready to buy a new TS and I have been looking at Dewalt, Griz. and really have kept my eye on the Ridgid TS 3650 (the price, & mobility). My garage is my shop, so space is an issue. Other concerns are accessories... router table attachment, dust collection, dado and molding blade access.

Does anyone know if TS3650 can have a router table attachment? Can I connect a 2 1/2 port dust vac. to it? Dado and molding work?

AND, how does it handle thick cuts... 4by4's & 2by4's?

Also tips on assembly!!!!

Thanks

First ... Welcome!

A fellow SoCal'r I see. I'm originally from El Segundo.

Does anyone know if TS3650 can have a router table attachment?
    Yes, there are many posts on this forum about after market attachments and home mades. Do a search.

Can I connect a 2 1/2 port dust vac. to it?
    Yes, but you will also have to add some closure to the backside around the drive belt. Attach it with Velcro. Of course it is a pain when tilting.

Dado and molding work?
    I have the Ts2424 and have no problem whatsoever. The slots on the fence make it easy to add a sacrifical fence also for rabbets.

AND, how does it handle thick cuts... 4by4's & 2by4's?
    I have never even bogged down my motor on any cuts.

Also tips on assembly!!!!
    When attaching the mobile base follow the instructions exactly. DO NOT tighten the bolts down "just to be sure". The looseness allows the movement.

Good Luck!
    Rick
    <a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/rixworx\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/rixworx</a>

Comment

Here we go again! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Here's a little something I posted a few months ago.
      Welcome to the forum. Assembly tips - Don't install the handwheels until after you stand it upright. The front rail takes 5 bolts, not 4 as per inst. That's why there are 9 bolts (5 front, 4 back). The nuts and bolts are a mix of standard and metric and will drive you nuts! Be real fussy about setting up the fence and rails, it's critical for safe and accurate cutting. Get help standing it upright, it's heavy (duh!). When you're all done you'll have 3 bolts left over. They are for attaching an aux fence if you need one. Apply a good coat of paste wax to the table, rails and fence (Johnsons, Butchers, etc.) Zero clearance inserts are not included and the last I knew they may still not be available. Inserts are so easy to make for next to nothing I wouldn't buy them anyway. Get a couple table saw books from the library for inst. on how to make inserts along with other jigs and fixtures and tuning inst. Good luck and have fun!
      The inst. for mounting the motor are a little screwy. Just adjust the motor in or out until there is tension on the belt thru the full range of blade heights.

The 3650 has a shroud around the saw blade with a 2 1/2" dust port so no modifications are necessary.
      I believe the depth of cut is 3 1/8". Not enough to cut a 4 X 4 in one pass, but I don't know of any 10" TS that can.
      The arbor is 1 1/8" long. Will accept any stacked dado set but not the Freud SD608.
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Lorax said:
        I believe the depth of cut is 3 1/8". Not enough to cut a 4 X 4 in one pass, but I don't know of any 10" TS that can.
        Don't tell that to the BT3100 fans! They'll descend on WNY and dump saw dust in your driveway!

Oh BTW....welcome CosasCuevas! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-16-2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: hewood ]

Comment

[/QUOTE] Don't tell that to the BT3100 fans! They'll descend on WNY and dump saw dust in your driveway! [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. I can use the fill. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-16-2004, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
          X