Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking interest regarding Leecraft zero clearance insert for R4510 saw...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking interest regarding Leecraft zero clearance insert for R4510 saw...?

Spoke with Leecraft last week to see if their late model Ridgid T-S insert would work with the newer R4510. Was told they are working on one right now, which will hopefully be available very soon.

As far as anyone else has said (or not), Ridgid isn't yet shipping these parts, so this is the only game in town besides making your own.

Just trying to gauge interest...how many would be interested?

Thanks,
    RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."
    --Theodore Roosevelt, "The Strenuous Life," April 10, 1899

Re: Checking interest regarding Leecraft zero clearance insert for R4510 saw...?

I would be interested in some zero clearance inserts for sure
    Jon

Comment

Re: Checking interest regarding Leecraft zero clearance insert for R4510 saw...?

I am considering buying the R4510. If so I will definitely be interested.

Comment

just bought a r4510, will b interested

g

Comment

Originally posted by rcxrc View Post
          Spoke with Leecraft last week to see if their late model Ridgid T-S insert would work with the newer R4510. Was told they are working on one right now, which will hopefully be available very soon.

As far as anyone else has said (or not), Ridgid isn't yet shipping these parts, so this is the only game in town besides making your own.

Just trying to gauge interest...how many would be interested?

Thanks,
          I'm looking to replace my saw soon and have been looking hard at the 4510. One of my criteria is either inserts available or easily shop made.
          John Schaben -- from the Middle of Kansas
          I haven't failed, I have simply discovered several hundred ways that don't work!

Comment

The inserts have been out for a while now...

They are available through Woodcraft (incl online), and Amazon.com, for about $24. Very solid, & well built.

Regards,

RC
            RCx

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. ..."

Comment

bought 2

g

Comment

for 24.00 i made my own

Comment

yep I made my own with 3/8" plywood and it works perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  the only thing is that the blade doesn't go all the way up, it goes up to 3 1/4" or so,
                  but who wants to cut something 3 1/2" thick with a zero clearance plate????????

Comment

FYI, the Leecraft inserts for the R4510 are readily available (in two flavors) on Amazon.com, and at Woodcraft.
                    RCx

Comment

Working...
                    X