X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid TS3650 humming ?

Hi all, I have a Ridgid TS3650 and I cant power it on.. just keep humming in 120 and 220v.

It was working yesterday, today I took the legs out and moved to a diferent room, plug it in and just a hummmmmm and no movement at all.

I've tried the overload red button on the motor with no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Ridgid TS3650 humming ?

Sounds like the motor is binding on something. Can you move the blade freely when it is not plugged in? If not then you need to locate the binging, if so then it is likely the motor has gone bad. If you have it plugged to an extension cord, try to plug it directly into the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Millipede View Post
      Sounds like the motor is binding on something. Can you move the blade freely when it is not plugged in? If not then you need to locate the binging, if so then it is likely the motor has gone bad. If you have it plugged to an extension cord, try to plug it directly into the wall.
      Hey Millipede! the saw its pluged into the wall and the blade does rotate freely.

Im sorry but english is not my natural lenguage.. what do you mean by binding? Do you mean is stuck on something? Thanks for your answer!

Comment

Disconnect the belt from the motor, then turn on the saw and carefully try to spin the motor by hand to see if it spins.

Comment

I've never had one go bad on me so I'm not sure of the symptoms but possibly the motors start capacitor has failed.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You say you moved the saw, does it still work in the original location? If so, you need to have your house wiring checked.
            It could be the start capacitor on the motor as well.
            Yes, binding means stuck.

Comment

I was thinking start capacitor too. It's a simple and inexpensive repair if that's the cause. There are two cap enclosures mounted underneath the outside of the motor casing...not sure which is the start cap and which is the run cap, but there easy to open up and take a look at. A blown cap should appear like something is wrong with it...it's likely to look burned, or exploded, or have ooze all over it. Replace it with a cap with comparable values. It's important to get one with a voltage rating that's at least the same...the capacitance value should be close but it's not critical that it's exact... +/- 10% should be fine as long as it physically fits the space.

Comment

Could be as simple as saw dust buildup in the centrifugal start switch not allowing it to close when the motor stops allowing the start caps to be connected. Good chance you loosened a bunch of caked dust in the motor when you moved it. Take off the fan cover and blow out the motor with compressed air. You may need to disassemble the motor if it is really stuffed but not likely.

Comment

Working...
                X