X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outfeed table for ts3650?

other than making my own...via my own design or web desing...

does anyone know of a good place to get a good outfeed table ?

thanks

rube

One of the things on my "too do" list is to build an outfeed table. In the meantime though I'm using the Ridgid AC9933 Flip Top Stand as an outfeed table. It does an excellent job as an outeed table and also works for well as an infeed table and also as a side stand. A very versatile stand for about $30.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

It's on my to-do list too. I think I'm gonna make a table about 3' x 4', put it on locking casters, and use it as an assembly table too. Whatcha think? [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Badger D, where can I get a pic of that table? I'm making a outfeed table, but it's going to be awhile. Thanks.

Comment

Golfmore, go here and then scroll to the bottom of the page. These should be readily available at your local HD.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I used a 4' x 4' x 3/4" plywood with 2 slots to hold 2 Flip Top stands underneath. This way I can raise or lower the table to the height for what ever tool I need to, by using the height adjuster on the Flip Top stand.

The slots are rabbited to fit the flip top and I have one side that can be removed to be able to disassemble if needed. I must admit its a little shakey but works well enough to receive long or wide stock. I also use it as an assembly table for small thing or staining etc. I also covered it with hardboard to make the surface slipper than just plan plywood.

Comment

I built this one.
              http://www.ridgidforum.com/cgi-bin/u...=001667#000000
              It is on a 3612 but work on a 3650. Works great and easy to build. Little angle iron, screws and hinges.
              Steve

Comment

I have also built that one.
                Works great!

Here are a couple of pictures.

Outfeed table
                - J

Comment

I also used David's (Cutbuff) idea but I modified the mounting slightly for my TS3650. The cast iron web is almost removed on the TS3650, but there are four depressed openings in about the same place.

I drilled a 1/4" hole in the middle of each "landing" and used a regular round head machine screw to attach the spacer and angle iron. Since the cast iron is already thinner in that area, I didn't want to use flat head screws with a countersink. The spacer is about 1" thick and runs front to back underneath the inside of the extension. Some custom fitting needs to be done around the web reinforcements for the two inner landings.

I was really nervous about drilling through my cast iron table, but it wasn't a problem, and it really makes a nice clean look from the top.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X