solid arbor washer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid arbor washer?

I'm having a problem with my RAS. When I use a stacked dado the cuts come out rough and have gouges running parallel to the blade. I squared the blade to the table, and it helped but did not relieve the roughness completely. I think that the arbor washer, which is shaped like a saucer, is causing the dado to be compressed in the center. My assumption is that a solid washer, like the arbor on a table saw would prevent the compression. The question is where can I find a soldi washer?

Re: solid arbor washer?

http://www.google.com/products?q=arb...ers&hl=en&aq=f

http://www.google.com/products?num=1...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

http://www.google.com/products?q=Sta...e&hl=en&aq=fif

If the bottom of the cut has different levels or is uneven my guess is the chippers are not sharpening correctly, many times it is called a horned dato,

for a test turn the arbor washer/stabilizer over and try for one cut and see if that helps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BHD; 04-01-2010, 01:15 AM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

That's a good ideanfor a test, turning the washer around. The dado is a brand new delta and works great in my table saw. I'll try your idea and let you know. Thanks.

Comment

the other thought I had was depending on the coarseness of the saw arbor threads could a few of the chippers be slipping down in the valleys of the threads,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

It's definately the washer. I was unable to reverse the washer because it would rub against screws in the motor housing but I secured the dado without the large arbor washer ( there is just a small maybe 3/16 thick metal washer that will make contact between motor and blade) and the dado was not boughed in and ploughed a perfect dado. Only problem with this setup is I cant fit the blade guard on making my ras a spinning wheel of doom. I'll buy the solid washher. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X