X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandsaw blade alignment

When Home Depot was clearing out their stock of old Ridgid bandsaws to make room for the new models, I bit the bullet and bought one for $400 Cdn (a good price in this country). I haven't used it a great deal but I have noticed that after using it for about 1/2 hour, the blade strays from the rubber tires and moved toward the front of the saw and starts scraping against the upper door. I am using the stock, 3/8" blade that came with the saw and it is tensioned to where it is supposed to be. Does anybody know what causes this and what can be done to overcome the problem?
    Thanks.

Mike

Throw the blade that came with it away. I had a few problems with my bandsaw which I bought as a clearance item a few weeks ago. If you read through some of the other messages posted over the last few weeks you will see that the stock blades are bad.

Comment

I agree with a new blade but the run out you are taking about is ajustable. There are two nobs next to the top. One is tension for blade and the other is to ajust run out. Ajust the run out on each new blade.
      Steve

Comment

Thanks for the information. I was going to get rid of the stock blade anyway....I just haven't decided which one to buy first. As for the blade runout adjuctment know; I didn't know that it was there and I never saw any mention of it in the instruction manual. Again, thanks.

Mike

Comment

You may already know this but when you adjust the blade runout take out the safety key, open the top cover and spin the wheel by hand. You will be able to watch the blade track back and forth on the surface of the wheel. I don't know if that is how everyone does it but it will keep you from running the blade off of the wheel.

Comment

Working...
          X