X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save for a better Table Saw

I own the 2412 Table saw. Sure it is a great saw for the money, but If I had to do it over again, I would save my pennies and wait until I could buy a better quality contracters saw, or better yet a cabinet saw.

[ 09-11-2002, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: TonyP ]

I just saw Felder's new Format4 saws at IWF. They are beautiful, and quite a good value starting at $17,000.

Dave

Comment

Tony,
      I am in the market right now for a TS3612. I'd like to hear more about your experiences with the TS2412. More detail would be great for those of us trying to make this decision right now. I'm not sure if your experiences are directly related to the TS2424 or the TS3612, but maybe. Anyway, more detail would help us know for sure.

Otherwise, I am going to get that Felder Dave mentioned. Hey, the TS3612 is $600 - the Felder is $17,000. That's only a difference of $16,400.

[ 08-27-2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Matthew Schenker ]

Comment

Tony,

Any comments you can provide about the function of our tools are very welcome. If you would please let us know what sorts of problems you were having or what aspects of the saw were disappointing so I can pass that info on to our engineers and quality guys.

Jake

Comment

I have a TS2412 and it is a really nice saw for the money. I did invest in an HTC fence and rails set. I tuned it up and put a good blade on it and it does everything that I need. It is not a production saw and is not designed for that. I might upgrade someday but as long as you tune it up first and keep up the maintenance. I would like solid cast iron wings as an option but that isn't a biggee.

Comment

I was with Dave when he looked at the Felder.. he had his checkbook out, until I pointed out they'd never allow it as carry on luggage for his flight home! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I have to say for the money the the TS 2412 is one of the best values on the market. Sorry if I sounded negative in early post.
              Tony

Comment

Working...
              X