X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4511 blade alignment

Has anyone had a problem with the 4511 saw blade not aligning up on zero degrees? I have a beall tilt box and it will check out correctly on all of the marks but, when i tilt the blade back to zero it will only come to about a 1/2 degree and then make a popping noise and move back to 1/2 degree.

Re: 4511 blade alignment

If the thing "pops" when you come up to "0", how did you set it 90 degrees to the table originally? (you have to establish the blade/table 90 relationship before checking anything else) There are adjustable stops for both the 90 and 45 angles.
    Last edited by tomapple; 04-06-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cirvin View Post
      Has anyone had a problem with the 4511 saw blade not aligning up on zero degrees? I have a beall tilt box and it will check out correctly on all of the marks but, when i tilt the blade back to zero it will only come to about a 1/2 degree and then make a popping noise and move back to 1/2 degree.
      I am just starting to put my saw together and noticed the exact same thing when I tilt the blade. It gets to a point and then pop's back. I have not completed the alignment yet and maybe that will take care of it but thought I would check and see if aligning the blade fixed this for you.

Comment

Since I had to go through removing my top and realigning everything after I got my saw back from a warranty repair, I too had to back out my 45 and 90 degree stop screws and reset with my Wixey angle gauge.

If I remember correctly on setting the 90, the manual says to back the stop screw all the way to flush with the table top, use your alignment tool to set the blade at 90 and then start turning the screw in until it just moves the blade.

Obviously when it just moves the blade you will be a little less than 90, so you back the screw out just a hair, align it again to 90 and then just barely tighten until you feel contact and stop.

This is easy with the digital like the Wixey or Beall as you can see the angle set on the readout.

Mine would actually go a smidge past 90 with the stop screw all the way out so when I tightened the stop scew and it moved to 90 I quit and was done.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
        X