• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uglu?

I just stumbled across the TV-infomercial about this "amazing"
    new product called UGLU.

www.uglu.com [I think]

I do not have any monetary interest in this product....

I also saw their product line on Amazon.com and at Home Depot

So..anyone use this stuff?
    The reviews are mixed so I'm not sure if this stuff is hype or has any merit.

Cactus Man

Re: Uglu?

https://www.getuglu.com

Since it is one of those web sites that doesn't want you to leave I would say it is garbage.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

don't know mark,

that's a sticky subject

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Pretty much most any product sold on a TV infomercial is junk as far as I'm concerned. The ones that aren't total junk are usually overpriced.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I dunno Dave, I really like my Thighmaster

Comment

But wait if you call right now we will send you two for the same price! That line is a dead give away that the product is a POS.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
              But wait if you call right now we will send you two for the same price!
              ......Just pay separate s&h....lol!

Comment

$23.98?

What if I only want one pack?

They don't let you decline the free offer, you MUST accept it and you MUST pay extra shipping and handling!

The product cost is $10
                The S/H cost is $13.98

I wonder how much of it is actual shipping and how much is bogus handling?
                They are making their profit not on the items they sell but on the handling fees they assess when they ship the products.

Comment

It's permanent, but you can remove it? What a paradox. It looks like a really strong (maybe) double-stick tape.
                  Joe Spear

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Spear View Post
                    It looks like a really strong (maybe) double-stick tape.
                    It looked like the adhesive component of tape without the plastic substrate. Kinda like the magazine booger used to hold removable pages in a magazine.

Comment

looks like the 3M product called command adheasive. I have never used it but it looks like it works the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
                        But wait if you call right now we will send you two for the same price!
                        AND THAT'S NOT ALL! If you call right now, we'll also send you a FREE slightly-related product that you didn't want, just pay (yet more) S&H.

But don't forget, you have to call NOW!

Comment

I finally picked up some UGLU.
                          I have used it twice so here are my comments:

I glued a poly type material to an ABS type material. This is a Harbor Freight plastic box to hold drill bits and the original adhesive failed.
                          I used 4 small pre-cut pieces and it seems to be holding well. Obviously there is little stress on this type of application and I suspect cheap double stick tape would work just as well.

I made a small wood assembly to hold a push button switch. The wood is painted with a gloss black enamel. This is then UGLUed just below the steering wheel on my steering column [wood to metal]. The switch is used to activate an air horn.

Again little twisting torque on the switch but a lot of push type pressure. The challenge here is the internal temperature of the vehicle while parked in the sun can exceed 140F!!!!

This has been glued for over 30 days and has no indication of failure.

So, quality 3M double stick tape or their super stuff VS the UGLU????

The only comment I can make is the UGLU has a thinner foot print compared to 3M double stick tape. With respect, 3M has a myriad of products so I'm only comparing UGLU to what I have here on hand.

I think UGLU can be easier to find locally. Walgreens, home Depot etc.
                          Often the "good" 3M tape can be hard to find locally.

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                          X