Chicago Area Clearance!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Area Clearance!

I'm a long time reader of the forum & am just getting into woodworking. I scored a 3660 on clearance last year because of this forum but moved & now I'm finally setting up shop. I thought I'd create a thread for anyone finding clearance pricing at Chicago area HDs.

I'll be the first with a tip! Picked up the Ridgid jointer for $299 (as of 4/10). The regular price $429 at: 8650 Dempster Street Niles, IL 60714 & also saw it for the same price at: 901 Civic Center Plaza Niles, IL 60714 (this one also had the 4511 for $399)

Any tips are appreciated!

Re: Chicago Area Clearance!

$299 in Minneapolis (Maple Grove) DP as well. About 3-4 weeks ago a store rep told me all Mpls store were out of stock then they all received 2 jointers at each store. I patiently waited and they dropped the price from $429 to $299.

Anybody have any lessons learned in dialing in/setting up this jointer?

Comment

I should say... HD. Not DP

Comment

Saw the Ridgid jointer for $107.03 at the Niles store on Dempster yesterday. What's with the .03?

Comment

Found drill press & bs on clearance at 2 HD's last weekend. I got the DP for $224 on Dempster in Niles & saw it for $239 on Oakton in Niles. I can't remember the price of the bs but if I recall correctly it was around $50 off. The bs was the same price at both. .

Comment

Originally posted by nordichomey View Post
            $299 in Minneapolis (Maple Grove) DP as well. About 3-4 weeks ago a store rep told me all Mpls store were out of stock then they all received 2 jointers at each store. I patiently waited and they dropped the price from $429 to $299.

Anybody have any lessons learned in dialing in/setting up this jointer?
            The instructions were okay with this machine as there is not a ton to do to assemble. I was able to easily line up the pulley and tension the belt while it was flipped upside down and then rolled it over and up onto a mobile base.

Make sure you take time to adjust the fence to 90 and check it ever so often. Also when edge truing your boards, move the fence around a bit so its not always in the same place. Spreads the blade wear a bit.

Johnson's paste wax the table and fence after I use mine, and throw a light weight cotton cover over it and have had no rust issues.

It will definitely generate some shavings, so I have a DC hookup on it. Chute will clog on you without some sort of DC hook up.

Remember to flip ends to take same amount of material so that you don't plane a wedge. I take about a 1/32 per pass, just like I do on my planer.

Comment

Working...
            X