Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

What blade are you running in your r4511?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What blade are you running in your r4511?

I need to get a new blade and was wondering what you guys were running. I would like a good all purpose blade. I have used a freud diablo before and it works good. Just curious what everyone is running? what about dado sets too?

Re: What blade are you running in your r4511?

I have three different blades I am running in my R4511. All are Freud blades.

Full kerf glue line rip, full kerf industrial combination and thin kerf Avanti crosscut.

The only tool that leaves a finer surface are my hand planes. I am very happy with these blades.

Comment

I've used a Freud Diablo 40T, and a RIDGID 50T. Both are great blades for the money. I've left the RIDGID on for a while now.

Contrary to some views, I found the stock blade to be OK. Certainly better than the stock blade that came with the 3660.

Comment

When I first got my 3612 and for quite a few yeas after I usually had the Freud LU84R011 50T combination blade mounted on the saw. I was always happy with the way the blade performed with the possible exception of ripping thicker stock. Being that it is a full kerf blade it labored a little when ripping thicker stock. For the last year or so I've been running a Ridge Carbide TS2000 40T full kerf general purpose blade. I feel that it does a better job all around than the Freud in both ripping and crosscutting. I happen to prefer using full kerf blades but you might find that using thin kerf versions of either of those two blades will work better for you.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The original RIDGID blade in my R4511 is warped,
          I replaced it with a
          Freud 24T full kerf glue line rip,
          Freud 60T Industrial Cabinetmaker’s Crosscut and a
          Freud 8" Stack Dado

Comment

I switch between a Diablo cross cut and an Avanto rip blade. I like frued stuff. Different stored carry different versions of thier blades I imagine to dodge the "lowest price guarantee" bullet.

Comment

I use both a Freud thin kerf and full kerf 24 tooth glue line rip in my 4511.

Both work great, though the full kerf throws a little more dust on the top.

My TS is pretty much dedicated for ripping as you can tell from the blades I use, and I use a SCMS for my nearly all of my crosscutting.

Comment

Thin kerf Forest WWII for all cutting except rough stuff. Oshlun 6" dado set

Comment

Originally posted by mike65072 View Post
                  Thin kerf Forest WWII for all cutting except rough stuff. Oshlun 6" dado set
                  x2 for the Forest WWII. I prefer the think kerf blades. I'm cutting mostly oak, walnut, hard maple, etc. The WWII does a great job and leaves a near-perfect cut on everything I've thrown at it.

I don't know what dado set I have. It was whatever the Orange aprons had on sale years ago when I got the saw. It's a decent set, but it may be time to upgrade soon.

I've used the Diablo full kerf and it's a very nice blade. It makes a very clean cut. Freud blades are generally high quality. I also hear some very good things about Ridge Carbide.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

WWII and not the thin kerf. A great blade and it lasts a long time between sharpenings.

Red
                    Red

Comment

When I was running a 22124 hybrid, my favorite blade set was the Forrest WWII 30T TK and an Infinity 010-060 60T Hi-ATB blade. Together, they gave me excellent quality cuts from efficient thick ripping to ultra fine plywood cuts, and either blade could be left in place for routine cuts. One blade can't provide quite the same level of performance but blades like the Ridge Carbide TS2000, Infinity Combomax Lite (010-150), and Forrest WWII do very nicely.

The Infinity Dadonator is the best of the premium dado sets I've used. The DeWalt/Delta 7670 is the best of the $100 sets I've used (on sale from Grizzly for $90 plus s/h). I'm also hearing good things about the Oshlun set as a good value (Holbren offers 10% with "BT310" code).

Tips for picking a saw blade

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                        ...I've used the Diablo full kerf and it's a very nice blade...
                        Just for clarification, the Freud Diablo line is strictly thin kerf. The Freud Industrial line offers both thin and full kerf blades.

Comment

I use the FREUD 10" P410T PREMIER FUSION 40 TOOTH THIN KERF COMBO BLADE. It cuts are glue ready. I found this blade on Ebay for about $40 less than anywhere else. 49.99 + 10 shipping. the P410 regular kerf blade is also there, I think it is $10 more. Just do a search on Ebay for "freud".

Comment

I really like the Ridgid 50 tooth Titaneum-coated blade. Readily available and priced around $40-$50. I've been using them for a couple of years now and they still cut very well, and with proper feed the cuts are quite smooth.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                              I really like the Ridgid 50 tooth Titaneum-coated blade. Readily available and priced around $40-$50. I've been using them for a couple of years now and they still cut very well, and with proper feed the cuts are quite smooth.

CWS
                              Same here. I think they are an excellent blade for the money. I wish they made a 24 or 20T rip blade.

Comment

Working...
                              X