Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really starting to wonder what is up at RIGID.

Went to HD last night (Southern Minnesota). ALL of the current Rigid WW tools have been discounted. The DP1550 is down to $249. The TP1300 and the jointer maked down. What I did find interesting is that there are NO 3612"s to be found.

Interesting.......
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

A shortage of 3612 makes perfectly good sense to me. If you were going to be introducing a new model to replace the 3612, wouldn't you stop producing the 3612 and only make the new ones. When a new model is released, a smart company doesn't do it from an empty warehouse.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Keystone, You mentioned the jointers being marked down? How much? I'd really like to pick one up, but been waiting in anticipation of a closeout/markdown. Still tagged at $399 here in Minneapolis.

Comment

Realize that each HD is different, but from all the comments here about never finding the 3612, for more than a year after introduction-----I'd say it's a safe bet if you wanted to take the time, you'd likely find one collecting dust in the overhead storage!

In my opinion, I'd advise you to take a long, careful look at the 3650 before considering it----it sounds like there have been major design changes----insert plate size is different--which means the old castings are no longer used.

The addition of the height lock (which despite what others have insisted, was never necessary on the old design) could mean they've also changed the arbor design. While change doesn't mean worse or better necessairly, again, it's worth a careful check.
          Dave

Comment

I just came back from the local home depot and they had the TS3612 (New in the box and tagged on box) marked down to $469. Now that sounds like a bargain to me. They had several in stock so I think I will be heading back over to the store Tomorrow.

TS3612 here I come.
            Let me see... 1, 2, 3, 4.... Uh Oh.

Comment

That does sound like a great price. Make sure that the boxes do say TS3612 and not TS2424 though. In my opinion, if you pull the trigger on this saw you'll not be disappointed.

Comment

At that price, I'd take either the ts3612 or the ts2424! (Just make sure it is not a ts2412.) And be sure to get the rails in the 2nd box!
                I set my ts2424 up as a 51/0, built a 27" x 30" torsion box table extention from 1/2" birch ply covered with laminate. The same could be done with the ts3612 and the support rod could be removed. I am immensly pleased with the set-up. The Herc-U-Lift carries it with grace, and the work is supported well. I plan to add retractable legs styled after the supports on my MSUV. Since I shifted the fence rails to the right, I removed the scales from them, (I don't use them anyway) but the right one could be repositioned for the first 24" (or 36" on the ts3612), or new stick down scales are available for less than $15.
                A great find!
                If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

I have an interesting note about about HD promotions. Last year HD was offering a 10% discount on power tools to anyone willing to bring in any old tool. The person would then get a 10% discount to be used towards the purchase of a new power tool.

They were offering the Dewalt combo kit with drill, circular saw, recip saw and flashlight for $549. It regularly sold in the same store during non-promotional times for $499. The 10% off would bring the tool down to its regualar price. Some deal, huh? I hope noone got tricked into this suppsoed deal. Although, I am sure that someone did.

Nice customer service HD.

Comment

FYI - I did double check the box to make sure it said TS3612 and then investigated further because I was shocked by the price. This was an unopened box still in the plastic protective covering from the factory.

Hmmmm... Could it be a refurbished unit?? Does anyone recall how to tell on a HD sticker if it is a refurbished unit? I still don't think that will sway me from the purchase though.
                    Let me see... 1, 2, 3, 4.... Uh Oh.

Comment

Originally posted by Deblieux:
                      [QB] At that price, I'd take either the ts3612 or the ts2424!
                      You are of course, absolutely right! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Comment

HD is indeed selling the 3612 for $469.
                        Pisses me off that mine costed so much more a year ago.

Comment

They could be selling them for 5 cents, but do they have them in stock? The HDs around here sold out months ago.
                          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Dave,
                            Yep, artifically inflated price to make the'sale' look better. That being said, I picked up my 3612 for $469 quite happily last night. Hope it all turned out in the end for you.
                            Ned<br /><br />Madison Woodsmith<br /><br />Masonry: 2B1ASK1

Comment

Working...
                            X