X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biesemeyer on 3650

I can get a good deal on a Biesemeyer 84” front rail & front tube assy, (no rear rail) at one store!
    And I can get a 42” fence (display model) from another store. Total would be about $250

I was just curious if anyone has installed a 50” Biesemeyer on a 3650?

Re: Biesemeyer on 3650

If you're buying it for the 50" capacity I wouldn't spend the $250.00, you can shift your existing rails to the right and get about 48-49" capacity. Pat

Comment

Without some type of additional support I would be a little concerned about the extra stress that long of a rail would put on the right side wing. Properly supported though I can't see why you couldn't do that.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'm going to add a Biesemeyer to my new 3650 as well:

http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-bc30...m_term=DEABC30

I'd be interested in how you made out.

I've put a Delta T2 fence on another saw and added legs to the extension to support the longer table.

Comment

Originally posted by PMR413 View Post
          If you're buying it for the 50" capacity I wouldn't spend the $250.00, you can shift your existing rails to the right and get about 48-49" capacity. Pat
          No it's not for the 50" capacity.
          Mainly for the Quality, & the price is $100 dollars less than a 30" Biese fence. With the 30" fence I have read that you can get about 42" by moving the rails to the right as you explained.
          I'm also planing on building a outfeed & extension table that would be flush with the back edge of the saw.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Without some type of additional support I would be a little concerned about the extra stress that long of a rail would put on the right side wing. Properly supported though I can't see why you couldn't do that.
            Yea I will be supporting it at several points! In-fact if I do this: My plans are to make the saw semi permanent with a couple of shelves to hold other equipment & a router insert on the far right side. I will add some type of wheels to it so I can move the unit if needed!

Comment

Originally posted by tsbarton View Post
              I'd be interested in how you made out.
              Thanks for the link! That's a good price for the BC30 I've seen them for around $350 but with an extra $25 for shipping!

Originally I was looking at the BC30 & figured I would move the rails to the right as was pointed out before. Looking at the fences in the stores around me is how I came across the deal on the separate pieces.

Looks as though I have a little more thinking to do!

I'll let you know what I come up with!

Comment

You'll love it. The standard fence on the 3650 is ok, and has more rip capacity than most other saws in this price range.... but the Bies is a cut above.

Comment

Originally posted by tsbarton View Post
                  Here is an old thread that explains the installing the Biesemeyer

Comment

40" rip from a Biese 30" fence

Since the 3650/3660 is a left tilt saw, you're likely never going to need rip capacity on the left side of the blade, so you can "borrow" some capacity from the left and add it to the right side by sliding the front rail tube over a few inches (leave the angle bracket in it's stock location) ....sliding the rail tube by ~ 10" will line up with the existing bolt holes so you don't even need drill new bolt holes in the tube, just remount the tube with one less bolt for a generous 40" rip capacity from same tube. You'll need to relocate or replace the measuring tape, will need to fill the gap between the front and rear rails with some sort of extension or router table, and you'll probably want to support it with legs. It's really a pretty simple mod.

Comment

Working...
                    X